Issue with main website link not showing images on Facebook - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied General

Issue with main website link not showing images on Facebook

Asked by Lisa Willaman 3 years ago Last activity 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue. I don't know if it's SPPB or Helix issue, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

My website: https://www.austinreptileservice.net/
Redirects automatically to: https://www.austinreptileservice.net/joomla/index.php/en-us/

When I use Facebook and put in the first link, Facebook does not show my Open Graph image.
But if I use the second link in Facebook, the OG image shows up.

Is there any fix for this? Would it be in the Helix Ultimate template?

Thanks if you can help!
Lisa W.

1 reply

Ofi Khan Staff

Hello Lisa Willaman

Please follow this article and check that you have set it correctly. This is the process to remove index.php from the URL:

  1. Go to Global Configuration -> Site -> SEO and set Search Engine Friendly URLs -> Yes
  2. Then set Use URL Rewriting -> Yes and Site Name in Page Titles -> After
  3. Then go to your site folder and rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

Best regards

Log in to reply.