Helix Ultimate Plugin - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate Plugin

F

Frits

Helix Framework 3 years ago

Hi,

On one of my sites we are using the Helix Ultimate free template, along with PageBuilder. We are also using a system plugin called Editor Template, by a developer called WebChun. The purpose of this plugin is to switch to the Protostar template when a frontend user is editing an article, in order to avoid template-related complications with the edit form in the frontend.

We use this Editor Template plugin on many sites, however on this site the plugin does not work, unless we disable the Helix Ultimate system plugin.

Now it seems to me that the Helix Ultimate plugin is only relevant while customizing the Helix Ultimate template. It seems not to affect the template when visiting the frontend of the site. Is that correct? If so, I could safely disable the plugin once the site is live.

Kind regards,

Frits

9 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9009

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. I have checked with the Helix Ultimate and it works fine without any problem. Besides, I can tell you one thing, this extension is not conpatible with the Helix.

-Thanks

F
Frits
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9033

Hi Toufiq,

Thanks for your reply. However, I'm not sure if I understand your message correctly.

Do you mean that you checked that the Helix Ultimate template is running fine on my site? If so: at the time that you were checking, the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin was disabled. So I would take this as a confirmation that the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin is not needed in order to run the Helix Ultimate template.

And, as the conflict with the other extension (Editor Template plugin) only seems to occur when the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin is enabled, disabling the Helix framework plugin in the live situation would solve my problem.

If I understood this wrong, please let me know,

Kind regards,

Frits

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9043

Hi. System - Helix Ultimate Framework Plugin is required for things like Template Options, Mega menu, custom Page Title helix settings. If you do not need it, you can disable it. It does not affect the launch on frontend.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9044

Hi there, Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that you checked that the Helix Ultimate template is running fine on my site?

No. I have checked my localhost

If so: at the time that you were checking, the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin was disabled.

No, the helix plugin was enabled.

So I would take this as a confirmation that the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin is not needed in order to run the Helix Ultimate template.

If you want to use Helix Ultimate Template then you need to enable the Helix Framework plugin.

And, as the conflict with the other extension (Editor Template plugin) only seems to occur when the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin is enabled, disabling the Helix framework plugin in the live situation would solve my problem.

I don't know what happen exactly in your end.

-Thanks

F
Frits
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9057

Ok, thanks, that makes it clear to me.

I understand that you don't know what is happening in my site as it concerns the combination of the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin and the other extension.

I just tried to find out if I could to without using the Helix Ultimate Framework plugin, also because I read some info that seemed to suggest that the plugin is only needed when setting up the template and that it could be disabled after the setup stage. But I must have misunderstood this info.

Kind regards,

Frits

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9059

Can you share a screencast video about your issue? Thanks

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9071

If I may.....

1. Helix Ultimate system plugin is part of Helix template, so it's needed in many areas.
  2. Sorry, but plugins confilts are beyond support. Support Policy. So we strongly recommend contact with WebChun developer and ask him for his code investigation and improvements. On our side we cannot change anything in current 1.x version.
F
Frits
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9094

Hi Paul and others,

I can understand your view; as a developer you cannot foresee every possible combination of extensions that may be used on a site. Yet I would like to add this to my question:

I just tried another plugin for the same purpose of switching to the Protostar template when in frontend edit mode: Advanced Template Manager by RegularLabs. This plugin cannot work with the Helix framework either (although the effects are different).

Peter van Westen from RegularLabs points out the following in the documentation of his plugin:

Many template frameworks completely override the Joomla! core functionality on how templates work and how they are controlled. Advanced Template Manager relies on the core functionality, therefore the following (and maybe other) template frameworks are NOT compatible with Advanced Template Manager: [...]

This is followed by a list of frameworks in which Helix is not mentioned. Yet I suppose that Helix also overrides the Joomla core functionality? That would explain why I was able to use this type of plugins on other sites and not with the Helix framework.

Maybe you could consider to add a "way out" of Helix and into Protostar (or a different core template) when in frontend editing mode? I know of other web agencies who use this strategy.

Kind regards, Frits

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9110

Maybe with Helix Ultimte 2.0 would be different, but for Helix Ultimate 1.x we cannot help more.

I use many other extensions from Regular Labs without any problems, in general they are great tools.
But most of them are sort of Joomla hacks, works on very deep CMS code structure that's why there is conflict with some template frameworks. Probalably also with others too, from YooTheme, RT, Joomlart etc,.

Protostar - is very basic template, so it's very hard to compare it with advanced Helix etc.