TinyMce Editor For SPPagebuiler - Question | JoomShaper

TinyMce Editor For SPPagebuiler

DG

Dhn Group

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

I use JCE editor for everything else on my installation and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, JCE with Sp Pagebuilder is very unstable for the frontend editing. I am getting blank pages too often e.g when I duplicate elements, change images etc... Is there a way I could assign/hard code a default Joomla editor just for SPPB that seems to be working reliably?

5 Answers
Orran
Orran
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #770

I'd like to follow this. I know from comments in the past that JCE is an issue. I've worked with JCE on the front end just fine in the past. However, I've recently made some modifications for speed which has rendered JCE disfunctional on the front end. Recent Modifications include: Production Mode and Lazy Load. I've also included a Cloudflare on my hosting account. I don't know which ones have affected the JCE.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #785

As I know from my expirence the best works JCE Pro in some aspects. Remember to enable CSS and JS compression in JCE. I can only ask developers to improve TinyMCE in SPPB 4.0x if some icons are missing.

Dmitry Goncharov
Dmitry Goncharov
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #799

Paul, In Tiny MCE, you need to include as many icons as possible from all available in this editor. Or make it possible to design your own Tiny MCE editor panel in SPPB

DG
Dhn Group
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #906

Just for the record I am using JCE Pro. I tried all suggestions but unfortunately still using JCE in my case is useless. These are the threads that describe similar issue and beyond that I experience: https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/103715-bug-jce-inside-joomshaper-sp-page-builder https://archive.joomshaper.com/forums/bug-screen-empty-after-duplicate-addon

At this point all what I care is to be able to use JCE for everything else and TinyMce for SPPB concurently without switching the default Joomla editor all the time. The best solution would be an option of selecting the desired editor within SPPB. Otherwise, I would still accept the manual hard coding. I actually have managers that need to edit the SPPB content but without the administrator permission to change temporarily the default editor in Joomla global options.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #950

Noted, I will try to force some changes in SPPB 4.x