Blog Introtext And Featured Image - Question | JoomShaper

Blog Introtext And Featured Image

S

Seppe

Helix Framework 1 year ago

good morning

My blog articles are show in 3 columns. In my general settings, I have the "read more" activated, the "read more with title" activated and the read limit is the default 100.

In the menu-options for the blog-item, both "red more" and "read more with title" are shown. But I still get my full article. I try to cut if of after the default 100 characters.

Furthermore, is it possible to only show the the featured image on the blog page, but hide it in the article itself? My featured image can sometimes be different or only a part of the image I will show in my article.

4 Answers
S
Seppe
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106361

Good morning Ofi

I guess I found the issue. It was my own fault, I thought it was something else. Seems like the "read limit" is for the name of the page to continue reading to. I thought it was the number of characters Joomla would show, before it would add a "read more" link itself.

S
Seppe
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105860

Also, on https://demo.joomshaper.com/?template=helixultimate you can see under the title, the author / category / date

I'm only trying to show the date. but it's only showing in the full article, not in the blog overview

edit: seems like only the publish date is able to be show. not the creation date. So I will edit my publish options

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #106215

Hello Seppe

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #106367

Glad that you have found it. Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.