Why I Get This Error: Imagecopyresampled(): Argument #2 ($src_image) Must Be Of Type GdImage, Bool Given - Question | JoomShaper

Why I Get This Error: Imagecopyresampled(): Argument #2 ($src_image) Must Be Of Type GdImage, Bool Given

Inguar Karlsson-Parra

Inguar Karlsson-Parra

Extension 1 year ago

Hi there! I have Joomla 4.2.8, template Shaper Travelia, SP Page builder Pro 4.0.7. When I manage, adjust and save the image album title (or one image) in SP Easy Image Gallery album I´ll recieve the error: "imagecopyresampled(): Argument #2 ($srcimage) must be of type GdImage, bool given". The result when I return to the Dashboard and back to the SP Easy Image gallery for check is that my adjusts has been made but I can also read a warning message on the top: "Unable to find a user with the ID: 186". When I make a new adjustment I´ll receive the same error. What can I do? Greetings from Finland! / Inguarkp

14 Answers
RM
Ronald Mol
Accepted Answer
11 months ago #115394

Hi,

Experienced the same error here. I found out at that the image which was selected at 'featured image' was physically not present in the media folder. Selecting another image from the media folder solved the issue and makes saving possible.

Confusing thing is that the featured image requires a selected and existing file even if when Featured Image is set to 'no'.

Anke Sauer
Anke Sauer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106479

Hi Inguar, I have had the same Problem and solved it.

Maybe your Image is named "xxxxxx.JPG" so change it in "xxxxxx.jpg"

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106495

Hi Anke! Thanks for quick reply. The images in my SP Easy Image Gallery are named in xxxx.jpg . I receive also the same error message when i adjust or make a new page title in the image gallery album. Waiting for more tips/solutions. Thank you Anke! Greetings! Inguar

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107089

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107242

Hi Toufiq! Many thanks for quick reply. Please find admin credentials in Hidden content below Cheers! / Inguar

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107312

Will you please try to check downgrade your PHP version 8.1 to 8.0. Thanks

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107344

Hi! Now I check downgrade PHP version from 8.1 to 8.0. Result: The server returned a "500 - Whoops, looks like something went wrong".

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107400

Give me time. Developer team checking your issue. Thanks

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107435

Ok! Yust tell me if yo want me to check another PHP version. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107509

Did you change image format? e.g png to jpg someting like that?

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107617

No pictures have changed. There are still the original pictures of the template

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107810

But, Developer team ask me to re-upload the images for the test. Cause, they have checked and found the image format issue. Thanks

Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Inguar Karlsson-Parra
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107899

Hi Toufiq! (copy Anke Sauer). Great! I think I´ve solved it. In the SP Easy Image Gallery Swedish title "Nagu - Pärlan i Finlands skärgård" I have re-uploaded the images in gallery #34, #35, #36 and checked "unpublished/Author" for gallery #28 to #33). Also re-upload on the right side of the Album admin => the featured position of feature original image "thumb.jpg" (NO featured checked)and pressed button "Save". RESULT: green message "Item saved." I will continue with the other albums in SP Easy Gallery. Thank you Toufiq! Greetings! // Inguar

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107913

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.joomshaper.com