Helix Template Stopped To Save Changes And Anlso Stopped To Read Custom.css - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Template Stopped To Save Changes And Anlso Stopped To Read Custom.css

M

Massimiliano

Template 1 year ago

Hello, i saw a lot of users experience the same issue. Since yesterday everything was working, today stopped to work.

I asked hosting systemist to disable mod_security, and they said is not enable on the server. I asked to change to Cgi, increase memory limit etc....nothing changed!

What is the solution for this issue?

Thanks

6 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107714

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111772

Same happening here. I have to use the custom code field in the template manager - which scarcely has the scope needed to handle my usual 2000 lines of custom css. The code I put in custom.css doesn't work unless I use the exact same code in template custom code field instead.

Credentials below.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111776

I did this and it worked.

1. Rename custom.css file into override.css
  2. Inside Template Options > Custom Code > Before end of < head > add below line

<link href="/templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/override.css" rel="stylesheet" />

From

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/12562

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111792

I have added a css code inside the custom.css file and it works fine.

#sp-top-bar {
  background: #551C25;
  color: #EEEEEE;
  opacity: 1;
}
B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111794

Yes - once I did the 'override.css' trick posted by Paul, the custom.css started working as well. A warp in the space time continuum? I can't think of another explanation! Thanks, Toufiq.

: ]

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111795

If I may.

Since yesterday everything was working, today stopped to work.

But template php code yesterday was this same as it today, right. It means that it may be a server file caching (or htaccess cache etc.), not template code problem. Becuase custom.css file is loaded every single time.

Above tip from @blue_Shift link helps - but .... it may be this same after "problem" you made changes after few minutes. That's why on localhost where is not extra caching changes are visible on the fly.

BTW

@blue_Shift thanks for sharing my tip :)