Warning Re: Travelin Template - Question | JoomShaper

Warning Re: Travelin Template

SM

Sean Mellis

Template 1 year ago

Considering Travelin as a possible tempate for your tourism website? Word to the wise: it looks great but it doesn't work as advertised. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

When configuring the template, you will encounter idiosyncracies like the blog header/subheader elements that can only be changed with code-level language customizations. So unless you're OK with your blog subheader saying "After travelling more and more to escape our day jobs we soon realised that seeing tourist the world and experiencing amazing trip," be prepared for 3 weeks of frustration as you receive one-sentence semi-responses from the Joomshaper support team via this forum.

Most importantly, the booking module does not work. The calendar doesnt work, the shopping cat doesn't work, the whole thing is just smoke and mirrors. For example: there is a tax line in the shopping cart, but no way to calculate tax on the back end. So unless you live in Monaco or Western Sahara, or the twelve other countries in the world with no sales tax, you will be in for disappointment. After a week of waiting for a response on this forum, I was told "Yeah, looks like a bug. We will probably get around to it one day."

If you like the looks of the Travelin template (I agree, nice looking template), be prepared for plenty of CSS customizations, and get ready to go hunting for a booking module that actually works. Buyer beware!

1 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110437

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and thanks for your opinions. I will inform our team about your opinions. So that they can think about it.

-Regards.