Support Or Not Support - That is The Question Here - Update 4.0.8 - Question | JoomShaper

Support Or Not Support - That is The Question Here - Update 4.0.8

M

Marco

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

After I asked here https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/23380 for the update, I got a RC version of the update from Paul, I installed it on a copy of the affected website and I replayed all the problems I had with the 4.0.8 update - I can say - no change!

Not a single problem that was caused by the 4.0.8 update has been solved with the RC update - no one is reporting anymore either - I can write as much as I want - thanks guys!

Here also does nothing more https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/23128, as if Ofi had hung up his job or after answering a question thinks that is already enough.

I don't understand this as support , for this I don't waste my time to describe my problems with the update 4.0.8 and also not again to check everything again after the RC update installation if there are any changes. If you don't have any solutions guys, please express that - then I don't need to wait for response.

9 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110493

Hi Marco. Just follow the forum - this is enough not to spend your nerves and time. Do not use SPPB 4 on production sites. Stay with SPPB 3 until all problems in SPPB 4 are eliminated. You can determine this by the mood on the forum. My subjective forecast - at least until the autumn, you can forget about the use of SPPB 4 on production sites. I hope I'm mistaken and this will happen before.

Excuse me, the Joomshaper team, but I think you yourself know that things are just like that.

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110560

Hi Pavel, thanks for your message, unfortunately I can't implement your idea anymore, until 4.0.7 everything was ok for my sites. One I leave with 4.0.7, the other must now live with 4.0.8, because many changes have already happened and I did not expect so many difficulties. The difficulties affect me mostly pages that already exist under Joomla 3 and SPPB 3.x and were updated.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #111835

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Is this issue solved? Could you please let me know?

-Regards.

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111848

I rarely check other posts. Just do not have enough time for this, but I have to add my comment here. SPPB 4+ has tons of issues and while I understand the bugs in the software are normal SPPB should be BETA tested. JoomShaper uses us - users - for Beta Testing and that is not fair ! I have experienced so manyproblems recently that I am about to cancel my subscription. In two months time I was not able to complete even one of the 3 sites I need to finish. Mainly because of the template problems and SPPB editor problems.

The way it works in other software companies is that some users volunteer as Beta Testers and get all releases for free. This way the software is in much better shape when released to the public. I do not have that feeling here.

Again, at least PAVEL was fair enough to explain and confirm that version 4 is not ready for production. I would rather use version 4 and have less features, than dealing with endless bugs and issues. Would CPPB v3 work for me ? I do not know but I will give one more (last) try, before I quit completely.

While Support people try the best they can to help, they are helpless when it comes to the bugs and they can only complain to the dev's. that's where everything ends. The problem is the JoomShaper dev's do not survey or ask users what they want ! They do not ask what features are important. They also do not have the best experience in creating usable interface.

These are issues which make JoomShaper products less and less competitive. I have recently seen some other similar products which seem to be much better quality (for about the same price).

I reported problems with the templates not working and so far nobody fixed anything after 2-3 weeks.

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111851

I do not see SPPB v3 downloads available (which is a pity) :-( How can I downgrade to SPPB v3+ ???

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111885

Hello Mehtaz,

no, nothing has been solved, no problem that I have noted in 3 posts here in the forum by now has been dealt with and thus not solved either

My latest post, after installing the 4.0.9 update yesterday - Paul replied yesterday in no time, nothing happened. https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/23823

Here is my penultimate attempt to explain my problems, and this after Paul provided me with a pre-version of the 4.0.9 update - a week ago. https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/23380

And here my first enumeration of my problems with the update 4.0.8 - Ofi apparently spared 5 minutes here to write me that he can't understand one of my problems, the one with the hidden and reappearing AddOns - 2 to 3 weeks ago https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/23128

Guys, under support I understand something else! There is no point to answer quickly and then do nothing more. I understand that it is a lot of work to provide support for a wide range of products - but a week or even 2 to 3 weeks response time does not make sense.

It would help me if you write openly in the forum that you are overloaded, so answers can take longer, maybe it would be smart to write the reason.

And if you reply to a post here, then please stick to the one post and finish it, there is no point in replying quickly to give the impression that you are working on the problem - but then no further message comes from you.

Meanwhile I am satisfied in this support forum also with response time of one week, but the problem is, if an answer comes after one week, this is often so trivial that nothing can be started with it or the support for the started post breaks off for reasons unknown to me and is not operated further.

Greetings - Marco

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111886

@Arthur

for me everything worked quite well until version 4.0.7- whereby I don't use fancy things, it's usually enough for me if Text-AddOns, Accordions, Image-AddOns, the setting of the display sizes and the editor in the backend work more or less correctly - which they did until 4.0.7 - after that the chaos started!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #111982

Ok I will inform our team about it.

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #112164

Joomla 3 is being dropped this August. At what point is version 4 of SP going to function? The purpose of some of us transitioning to 4 is because we are trying to be ready rather than upgrading all of our websites in August.