How To Insert The "read More" When Using The SP Page Builder Editor In A Joomla Article - Question | JoomShaper

How To Insert The "read More" When Using The SP Page Builder Editor In A Joomla Article

Dave

Dave

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

I would like to know how to insert the read more inside a normal Joomla article when using the SP Page Builder editor.

Here is the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eIZSaZrK5m02xqQVnz71VjUfF48GQBB3/view?usp=sharing

11 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9751

Hi. In SP PB it is not possible. You should add intro text and read more in the standard editor. Then switch to the SP PB editor and save.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #9811

Hello Dave

Yes, exaclty what Pavel said. In SP Page Builder editor, there is no option. You need to set this on Joomla Editor.

Best regards

Dave
Dave
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9830

Hello Pavel and Ofi Khan, thanks. I have tried to add intro text and read more in standard editor, then switch to SPPB editor and save, however the intro text is not shown. I have created a very short video that shows what I am doing, is it correct or am I doing something wrong?

https://www.ltecnoimpianti.it/sitonuovo/noreadmore-compressed.mp4

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9838

"Read more" can't never be inside the article. It is in the category blog. And it works as expected. If you want to display "BEFORE READ MORE" text inside SP PB articles, you need to duplicate it there.

In Joomla editor you should add the intro text + "Read more" Button.

In the SP BP editor you should add intro text + full article.

Dave
Dave
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9840

I am not asking the "Read more" to be inside the article, I would like the "Intro Text" to appear inside the article.

Thanks Pavel.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9841

Update the page, I added the answer to it above.

JS
Johanna Sax
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125843

In principle fine.

However I struggle to get the blog "Featured Image" properly included or completely ignored, when calling actual article. This blog picture is nice for article scroller. Therefore I don't want to remove it from article.

System base setting "don't show" "Linked Intro Image" is ignored by Joomshaper.

Also tried this recommendation without success: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/8483

JS
Johanna Sax
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125854

In meantime I found an alternative solution.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #125868

Hello Johanna Sax

Thanks. Please remove the credentials from the post. It is visible to the post owner.

Best regards

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #125870

Hello Johanna, may i ask, what way you are doing it now? It is something i was thinking about too…

JS
Johanna Sax
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129595

Hi Mac, It was some time ago that I applied changes. If I am not wrong, it was a combination of follow steps:

1. I adapted base page layout configuration according to settings from the "shaper_kidzy" template.
  2. Custom CSS
    .com-content #sp-main-body {padding-top: 0px; }
    .view-article #sp-main-body {padding: 0px; }
    .article-details .article-full-image {display: none; }