Magnifier Glass - Question | JoomShaper

Magnifier Glass

FP

Felix Pena-Sommer

Helix Framework 3 years ago

Dear all,

I'd like to add a magnifier glass to the main menu on the top of our page (www.moerike-gymnasium.de). This should open the global joomla search page or even better open a textfield below or beside the button in order to enter the search pattern. I'm using the latest Helix Framework. Do you know how to achieve this? It should work like here described: https://sridharkatakam.com/add-expandable-search-icon-navigation-infinity-pro/

Best regards Felix

5 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #10284

Hello Felix,

Please, have a look at the documentation here to understand how to enable the Smart Search option.

Search for How to work with Smart Search in the documentation and follow the instructions there.

Thank you!

FP
Felix Pena-Sommer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #10844

Hello Muntasir,

thank you for your response. I already use the Smart Search Plugin for indexing the pages created with the SP Page Builder. But what I was looking for is the option to include the global search in the main menu. I'd like to have a magnifier glass as an icon in the top menu for searching as I described in my previous post. Do you know how I can add such a feature in the main menu?

Regards Felix

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #10891

Hello Felix,

I am sorry to say but we cannot access your site. Please, check the site and give us administrator access in the Hidden Content area so that we can check at our end.

Please, check our Rhino template and see whether you want that kind of magnifying glass for search or not.

Thank you!

FP
Felix Pena-Sommer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #10901

The magnifier glass in Rhino is okay. However the search field is too large. I'd prefer something small within the menuline or right below.

Regards Felix

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #11868

Hello Felix,

I am sorry for the late reply.

However, please create a Search module just like the one shown here.

It will be on the menu then. Don't forget to assign it for all pages like shown here.

Thank you!