SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3 Launches With New Features - Forum | JoomShaper
Awaiting an answer SP Page Builder

SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3 Launches With New Features

Asked by Kawshar Ahmed 3 years ago Last activity 3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

We're happy to introduce SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3, the latest installment of our page builder software, designed based on your valuable feedback and lessons from our past.

Download

What's new in beta 3

  • New: Added a new way to edit tab, accordion & table from the backend editor.
  • New: Added options to add or remove addons to favorites for faster access.
  • New: Added support for CSS variables in the color picker.
  • New: Implemented show/hide functionality for the password field.
  • New: Introduced the ability to enable/disable frontend editing.
  • New: Integrated article editing from the backend editor.
  • Update: Enhanced the media manager, allowing users to upload multiple files.
  • Fix: Resolved issues with the rich text editor.
  • Fix: Fixed interaction issues for smoother user experience.
  • Fix: Addressed various known issues and bug fixes.

In this new version, you'll find:

  • Streamlined backend and frontend editors
  • Enhanced sidebar for easy access to Addons, Sections, and Page Settings
  • A new Color Library for expanded design options
  • Improved Color, Typography, and Box Shadow functionalities
  • Efficient backend and frontend editing switcher
  • Optimized codebase with a more linear structure
  • Redesigned user experience for all addons
  • Quick-access copy & paste feature for sections and addons
  • New sorting feature in layout bundles
  • Enhanced navigation and findability
  • New: Introduced Font Book, a feature that allows both Custom and Google font installation.
  • New: Implemented a Media Manager in the backend.
  • New: Added functionality for sorting saved addons & sections.
  • New: A feature that allows group-based repeatable setting fields rendering in the frontend editor.
  • New: Introduced Colors Library to the frontend editor's color picker.

However, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following feedback rules:

  1. Please refrain from using hate speech. Respectful communication is key.
  2. Only constructive feedback is encouraged. Let's work together to build a better product.
  3. Test on all possible cases, including old templates, 3rd party addons, and even when upgrading from version 2.0.
  4. If you encounter any bugs, please provide detailed information, including how to reproduce the issue and the circumstances that led to it.

We're committed to continuously enhancing our offerings, and we can't wait for you to experience this new version.

Roadmap for the Final Release:

  1. RC 1: June 8
  2. RC 2: June 15
  3. Stable: June 26

Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to your feedback on SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3!

Please note, this is a beta version of the software and it's not recommended for use on live production sites. We cannot assume responsibility for any disruptions or issues that may occur on your website as a result of using this beta version.

Best Regards

18 replies

Tomasz Michałowski

additionally, in slideshow, when editing, for example, the Type Title header, editing is shown in new windows - then you can't change the page width view, it makes it very difficult to work if you want to, for example, change the font size. then you have to close the windows, change the width and go to editing again.. Most likely the top bar for changing the width of the page does not have the highest z-index to be able to change the width during editing

When choosing a graphic or icon - the window is shown below.

Scott

Sweet great job dev team!

Marco

Nice job guys cant wait to see it

Limo Comunicazione

hi,
i downloaded and installed sppg 5 but if i try to open the page builder it comes out this message
https://ibb.co/RycVxj0

Hindrek

Media manager still does not have the insert and cancel buttons in the backend editor.

Hindrek

Am i the only one without insert and cancel buttons in media manager?

S-D CONSULTING

I have a problem.
I uninstalled the beta 2, completely, and installed the beta 3, but an error appears. From the logs I can not find justification.

https://app.screencast.com/hCMXxMrUNxunM

I'm on Joomla 4.3.2.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

On existing content or while trying to create new?

Thanks

S-D CONSULTING

Since I installed the new beta, the component has completely stopped working and an error page appears as others have already pointed out.
No error logs from server.

jakob.beyeler

I faced the same issue with an existing page made with the article addon. When I try to open the page in the frontend editor I get this message, "0 Attempt to assign property "width" on array".
As a test, I recreated the page with the addon in the backend editor, and everything worked perfectly.

bergwerk

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your work - Looks very promising indeed.

Regarding the feature "Integrated article editing from the backend editor." - Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but the process for "Article Integration" still seems extemely complicated.

  • Inside the article edit view I still have to jump to a fullscreen Pagebuilder with no possibility to change any of the article options?
  • Changing the Basic "PageSettings" (Language, Access, Status) does not change the options of the article itself.
  • When saving/exiting pageBuilder there is no redirect back to the Article an I'm "lost" on the PageBuilder Dashboard (not even seeing the item i just edited).
  • Text content is still not written into the article "intro_text" which makes it hard to use on blog views

I think one of the following options would be great:

  • Integrate the Pagebuilder directly into the edit view as before
  • Make all the article options editable directly from the pagebuilder (New Tab in "Page Settings") and do a clean redirect after saving

See also my notes here: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/21794

Thanks a lot!

digitalmaster

I do not see a way to edit via the backend style as mentioned in recent posts.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

What do you see?

digitalmaster

I only see the front end. I like the old way of editing in the backend and was told that was being added again as were many of us here.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

You must be doing something wrong? You should be seeing the new backend edtor. You may share some screenshots.

Thanks

digitalmaster

How do I share screenshots of what I am not seeing? That doesn't make sense. I am seeing only the front end style editor when I click on "Edit" to an SP Pagebuilder page.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

Make sure to follow this link to download. If you have downloaed and installed the right version, there no reason not to see the new backend editor.

Thanks

digitalmaster

In that case, this was my mistake. I am using version 4.11. It appears this is not listed on downloads so I was assuming it was the 4.11 that was updated with the fixes. Thanks for clarifying!

digitalmaster

I was able to install the beta, and now I can't even edit pages... I get an error linking to this forum that say's" Something went wrong
Sorry this page didn't load correctly or something went wrong. Please contact with the service provider.

Toufiq Senior Staff

Please check this build and let us know the update.

digitalmaster

The latest beta is what caused my issue with the website.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

You are not reading carefully. Toufiq shared you a build and you need to try that. Also, you can uninstall the existing version of your testing platform and install the new build mentioned on the post intro. I hope that will solve the issue.

Brian Metcalfe
3 years ago · edited

Hello,

After installation I get an error when loading the entire front end site:
0
Attempt to assign property "width" on array

When I go to PB>Pages it just loads a white screen that says:

Something went wrong
Sorry this page didn't load correctly or something went wrong. Please contact with the service provider.

I was able to revert back to the prior version and bring the site back up.

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

Please test on your staging platform. Also, clear your browser cache every time you install an update.

Thanks

bouey

Hi, it's possible to be contacted by the SP Page Builder team , the 2 changes necessary to support Translate for SP page Builder 5 in the backend
it's in this 2 files

administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/SettingsTrait.php and

administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/AddonsTrait.php for the Beta 4

this will be great

Kawshar Ahmed Senior Staff

Thank you. The information have been shared with the team and they will take care of it.

Thanks again.

Log in to reply.