SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3 Launches With New Features - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3 Launches With New Features

Kawshar Ahmed

Kawshar Ahmed

SP Page Builder 10 months ago

Hello Everyone,

We're happy to introduce SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3, the latest installment of our page builder software, designed based on your valuable feedback and lessons from our past.

Download

What's new in beta 3

• New: Added a new way to edit tab, accordion & table from the backend editor.
  • New: Added options to add or remove addons to favorites for faster access.
  • New: Added support for CSS variables in the color picker.
  • New: Implemented show/hide functionality for the password field.
  • New: Introduced the ability to enable/disable frontend editing.
  • New: Integrated article editing from the backend editor.
  • Update: Enhanced the media manager, allowing users to upload multiple files.
  • Fix: Resolved issues with the rich text editor.
  • Fix: Fixed interaction issues for smoother user experience.
  • Fix: Addressed various known issues and bug fixes.

In this new version, you'll find:

• Streamlined backend and frontend editors
  • Enhanced sidebar for easy access to Addons, Sections, and Page Settings
  • A new Color Library for expanded design options
  • Improved Color, Typography, and Box Shadow functionalities
  • Efficient backend and frontend editing switcher
  • Optimized codebase with a more linear structure
  • Redesigned user experience for all addons
  • Quick-access copy & paste feature for sections and addons
  • New sorting feature in layout bundles
  • Enhanced navigation and findability
  • New: Introduced Font Book, a feature that allows both Custom and Google font installation.
  • New: Implemented a Media Manager in the backend.
  • New: Added functionality for sorting saved addons & sections.
  • New: A feature that allows group-based repeatable setting fields rendering in the frontend editor.
  • New: Introduced Colors Library to the frontend editor's color picker.

However, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following feedback rules:

1. Please refrain from using hate speech. Respectful communication is key.
  2. Only constructive feedback is encouraged. Let's work together to build a better product.
  3. Test on all possible cases, including old templates, 3rd party addons, and even when upgrading from version 2.0.
  4. If you encounter any bugs, please provide detailed information, including how to reproduce the issue and the circumstances that led to it.

We're committed to continuously enhancing our offerings, and we can't wait for you to experience this new version.

Roadmap for the Final Release:

1. RC 1: June 8
  2. RC 2: June 15
  3. Stable: June 26

Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to your feedback on SP Page Builder 5 Beta 3!

Please note, this is a beta version of the software and it's not recommended for use on live production sites. We cannot assume responsibility for any disruptions or issues that may occur on your website as a result of using this beta version.

Best Regards

45 Answers
T
Tomasz Michałowski
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118111

additionally, in slideshow, when editing, for example, the Type Title header, editing is shown in new windows - then you can't change the page width view, it makes it very difficult to work if you want to, for example, change the font size. then you have to close the windows, change the width and go to editing again.. Most likely the top bar for changing the width of the page does not have the highest z-index to be able to change the width during editing

When choosing a graphic or icon - the window is shown below.

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118198

Sweet great job dev team!

M
Marco
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118201

Nice job guys cant wait to see it

LC
Limo Comunicazione
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118203

hi, i downloaded and installed sppg 5 but if i try to open the page builder it comes out this message https://ibb.co/RycVxj0

H
Hindrek
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118230

Media manager still does not have the insert and cancel buttons in the backend editor.

H
Hindrek
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118365

Am i the only one without insert and cancel buttons in media manager?

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118252

I have a problem. I uninstalled the beta 2, completely, and installed the beta 3, but an error appears. From the logs I can not find justification.

https://app.screencast.com/hCMXxMrUNxunM

I'm on Joomla 4.3.2.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118298

On existing content or while trying to create new?

Thanks

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118433

Since I installed the new beta, the component has completely stopped working and an error page appears as others have already pointed out. No error logs from server.

J
jakob.beyeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118539

I faced the same issue with an existing page made with the article addon. When I try to open the page in the frontend editor I get this message, "0 Attempt to assign property "width" on array". As a test, I recreated the page with the addon in the backend editor, and everything worked perfectly.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118269

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your work - Looks very promising indeed.

Regarding the feature "Integrated article editing from the backend editor." - Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but the process for "Article Integration" still seems extemely complicated.

• Inside the article edit view I still have to jump to a fullscreen Pagebuilder with no possibility to change any of the article options?
  • Changing the Basic "PageSettings" (Language, Access, Status) does not change the options of the article itself.
  • When saving/exiting pageBuilder there is no redirect back to the Article an I'm "lost" on the PageBuilder Dashboard (not even seeing the item i just edited).
  • Text content is still not written into the article "intro_text" which makes it hard to use on blog views

I think one of the following options would be great:

• Integrate the Pagebuilder directly into the edit view as before
  • Make all the article options editable directly from the pagebuilder (New Tab in "Page Settings") and do a clean redirect after saving

See also my notes here: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/21794

Thanks a lot!

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118296

I do not see a way to edit via the backend style as mentioned in recent posts.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118299

What do you see?

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118307

I only see the front end. I like the old way of editing in the backend and was told that was being added again as were many of us here.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118308

You must be doing something wrong? You should be seeing the new backend edtor. You may share some screenshots.

Thanks

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118310

How do I share screenshots of what I am not seeing? That doesn't make sense. I am seeing only the front end style editor when I click on "Edit" to an SP Pagebuilder page.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118311

Make sure to follow this link to download. If you have downloaed and installed the right version, there no reason not to see the new backend editor.

Thanks

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118312

In that case, this was my mistake. I am using version 4.11. It appears this is not listed on downloads so I was assuming it was the 4.11 that was updated with the fixes. Thanks for clarifying!

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118313

I was able to install the beta, and now I can't even edit pages... I get an error linking to this forum that say's" Something went wrong Sorry this page didn't load correctly or something went wrong. Please contact with the service provider.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118327

Please check this build and let us know the update.

D
digitalmaster
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118363

The latest beta is what caused my issue with the website.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118378

You are not reading carefully. Toufiq shared you a build and you need to try that. Also, you can uninstall the existing version of your testing platform and install the new build mentioned on the post intro. I hope that will solve the issue.

BM
Brian Metcalfe
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118305

Hello,

After installation I get an error when loading the entire front end site: 0 Attempt to assign property "width" on array

When I go to PB>Pages it just loads a white screen that says:

Something went wrong Sorry this page didn't load correctly or something went wrong. Please contact with the service provider.

I was able to revert back to the prior version and bring the site back up.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118309

Please test on your staging platform. Also, clear your browser cache every time you install an update.

Thanks

B
bouey
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118353

Hi, it's possible to be contacted by the SP Page Builder team , the 2 changes necessary to support Translate for SP page Builder 5 in the backend it's in this 2 files

administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/SettingsTrait.php and

administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/editor/traits/AddonsTrait.php for the Beta 4

this will be great

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118379

Thank you. The information have been shared with the team and they will take care of it.

Thanks again.

R
Rakesh
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118377

PLEASE add more sticky header settings, so you can use it properly as a smaller (less height) menu then the standard starting sp-header

#sp-header .logo {height:180px;}
#sp-header {height:180px;}
#sp-header.header-sticky #sp-menu {height: 95px !important;}
#sp-header.header-sticky {height: 90px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7) !important;}
#sp-header.header-sticky .logo {height: 90px;}
#sp-header.header-sticky .logo-image {
    height: 90px !important;}
#sp-header.header-sticky #sp-logo img {height: 75px !important; position: absolute; top: 8px;}
#sp-header.header-sticky .sp-megamenu-parent > li > a, 
#sp-header.header-sticky .sp-megamenu-parent > li > span {line-height: 90px;}
Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118380

Looks like you can add those to the template's CSS file. We will work on addons over time to make them more polished and feature rich.

Thanks

R
Rakesh
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118381

Yes please do.

Two things are really under developed: The Article Addon and the Menu style settings; sub menu items, off-canvas and burger icon style.

Would be great if this gets attention with this new update.

R
Rakesh
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118382

Installed a clean install with the Helix Ultimate Quickstart v2.0.13. Got a dabasabe problem: One Problem

• Table xxx_sppagebuilder_integrations has the wrong type or attributes for column component with type varchar ( 255 ). (From file 3.7.5 sql)
  • 53 database changes were checked.
  • 36 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

Was able to fix it with Update Structure. When I did this with an older version of a quickstart install, all SPPB pages dissapeared. Good to fix this issue. The SPPB 5 Beta has the same DB issue

BA
Britt Ambrose
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118414

I have this exact same issue when trying to open Pages menu - is there a solution yet? I can open the category menu item, bt the pages menu item causes this error. Also see there is only two sub menu items pages & Categoroies, but no Integrations, About, Languages?

URL issue is from this admin link. /administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=editor&tmpl=component

Same screen as https://app.screencast.com/hCMXxMrUNxunM

I have Admin Tools, however for testing purposes, disabled, and added core Joomla .htaccess, the problem still exists.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118549

Please check the RC1 which is just released and let us know if the issues are fixed or not.

Thanks

‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118417

The Beta 3 has some problems with keeping the defined font definitions from SPPB 3.x. I have created a staging page and updated from Version: 3.8.10.

After the upgrade the following informations are gone. font-weight, font-size, line-height

left is the current live version and right is the staging page

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118546

We need a deeper look. We have upgraded from 3.x series and did not face any such issue. However, we will take a deeper look. However, the RC1 is out and you may check that.

Thanks

H
Hindrek
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118426

In your appeal, you ask for respectful communication. How does your not answering questions, not to say ignoring them, relate to respectful communication?

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118545

I belive that you have seen positive approaches from our ends from last couple of months. We are working on our end and expect you to cooperate as well.

Thanks for understanding.

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118530

Hello Kawshar Ahmed,

Thank you for this beta 3. We are getting there!

I have two possible enhancement requests that would be great for our use case :

1. Being able to expand the size of the CSS box.

1. Being able to batch delete Saved Items. Indeed, we are working in team for content development and we create a lot of saved items to reproduce section we are often using from pages to pages. Some of them are used only a few time (content creator forget to get rid of it during the process) so, time to time we are cleaning it. Being able to delete all or selected items will be great.

Thank you again for the great job.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118544

Thanks for your suggestions. We will definitly work on the features and the imporvements once the stable is out. Btw, can you share build of your staging server privately? I would like to take a look why the "Addon" icons look bigger.

Thanks

PW
Pascal Wickert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118633

Hello Ahmed,

You will find in the Hidden Content the information you requested. I have installed the RC1 and I still have large icons under the addons list. However, only the Custom HTML icon is large. Others are okay. This Joomla instance, a copy of our production site, was installed on a cPanel test account to be able to test your extension. We may not have the same PHP version and it seems that some CSS did not work properly. Please let me know if you find any discrepancies we need to fix.

I am very anxious to install the final version in our staging environment to taste it on our real environment and push it to production.

Thank you!

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118551

SP Page Builder 5 RC1 is out. Please install and test if you have a staging server. The RC1 is not advised to use on any production site.

Thanks

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118587

https://app.screencast.com/49CvI0Yo1txph

Sorry, but after beta 3 is impossible to work.

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118643

Hi, I inform you that I also tried with a new installation. I installed a totally new joomla 4 in a test area, I installed the RC1 and as soon as I try to access the component, the same error always appears, it is not possible to work.

Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118650

@Kawshar Ahmed please lock this topic.

@S-D CONSULTING
They have fixed the problem in version RC2.
It is a problem with the case of a file, which occurs on all systems that respect the notation in the file system, not like Windows from M$.

You can fix it yourself until the new RC2 is released.
joomla root folder -> administrator/components/com_sppagebuilder/models/

rename the appConfig.php to appconfig.php

Then you should be able to open the backend again.

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118652

Thanks, I've rename file and now work.

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #120712

Wery Good! Thanks! :)