Helix Template "Coming Soon" Page Not Displaying Text ? - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Template "Coming Soon" Page Not Displaying Text ?

PK

Peter KORTGE

Helix Framework 10 months ago

Have a website Website at www.plexuspilates.com.au/new running:-

Joomla! v4.3.1, SP Page Builder Pro v5.0.0-rc.1 & Helix Ultimate v2.0.12

"Coming Soon" page only shows the image & Social Icons ???

The Page Title and Page Content input into Helix -> [Basic] -> [Coming Soon] doesn't show !

Any ideas as to the fix?

Also, if I try to edfit the Coming Soon page in the frontend editor I get the Error message:-

You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect.

PS: Posted a question a week ago on this same issue on a Joomla! instance on same Domain but in a different sub-directory running SP Page Builder Pro v4.0.11 and didn't get a reply yet :-(.

13 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #119506

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Already, I have solved your issue.

-Thanks

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #120925

Hi Toufiq:

Since updating site to Helix to v2.0.13 and SP Page Builder Pro to v5.0.0-rc3, the Coming Soon page has again stopped showing text content !

I take it you patched the code on my site but then didn't apply these changes to the core files on your server ?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #121016

Download the Yamas Template & install it again. Cause, Yamas need to be compatible with the new helix version. Until the release Yamas template update, Please continue with this version. Thanks

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123259

Hi Toufiq:

Have re-installed the Yamas template.

However, while "Coming Soon" page is working, now cannot edit in the frontend anymore.

Also refer ticket https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25652

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #123419

Please check now. Thanks

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123492

Hi Toufiq:

Still can't edit in the frontend. All pages still redirect to "Coming Soon" page :-(.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #123532

Your coming soon is enabled. That's why redirect on coming soon page. Thanks

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123545

Hi Toufiq:

Having the "Coming Soon" page enabled should not stop you from building & editing the website in SP Page Builder Pro using the "frontend editor" !

Otherwise, what's the point of the "Coming Soon" page ??

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #123579

If you want to edit then you need to disable the coming soon and enable the offline mode from the global configuration option. Thanks

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123715

Hi Toufiq:

I don't want to be "argumentative" but then what's the use & purpose of the "Comning Soon" page ?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #123814

Hi Peter,

The orginal purpose of the "Comning Soon" page was to hide front-end access to site from all users/guests and show only basic informations. So that mode should be enabled AFTER you will do today/current changes on the website.

For most webmasters we suggest using Joomla "Offline" mode with login area.

PK
Peter KORTGE
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #123911

Hi Paul:

Thanks for clearing that up.

That said, it would be nice if it could be changed to show the "Coming Soon" page AND allow webmasters to also work on the site :-).

Wouldn't have thought that it would be an onerous coding change ?

*FYI: When I'm building a client website (which I don't often do now) I'd put an index.html page in root directory for the "Coming Soon" page while I built the website in a sub-directory. When site was finished I'd delete the index.html file and use an index.php file to redirect to the sub-directory contianing the website.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #123917

On my project I never use Coming Soon, Offline mode typically or I use custom file like you.

Probably in upcoming Helix updates we will made some changes in those views.