Change Layout Of SP Easy Image Gallery - Question | JoomShaper

Change Layout Of SP Easy Image Gallery

K

Klaus

Extension 9 months ago

Hi Since I upgraded to Joomla 4 and pagebuilder 5.05, the sp easygallery seems to be quite a mess.

If i want to change some variables in option of easygallery theres not much to change anymore.

Th pop-up window only shows width/height. Theres no columns, gutter width and variations for mobile and tablet anymore.

I do agree with many forespekers here. I used the Pagebuilder 3. It was a great tool. But now even with 5.05 it's full of bugs. At least there's a backend editor now. God thanks? As some others claimed already, I personally think your customers are mainly pros not end-customers. I tried to teach end customers many years to use just a simple front end editor, it mainly failed. Very often the just make a huge mess out of the page which I afterwards have to clean up.

So if your reals customers are pros not end-custoerms they most likely work on desktop machines with big screens. That may lead to the questions if it wasn's wiser to work on a good back end edtior first and once it is good, look for a simple front end editor.

8 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #125186

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me a screenvideo of your issue? So that I can add it to our bug list.

-Regards.

K
Klaus
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125190

Hi I liked to, but there's not upload function here or do I miss something?

RG
Randy Garbin
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125341
K
Klaus
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125344

Hi everybody

I found a part of the solution. On can change "gutter width" "columns" etc. only withon the menu link to the gallery.

Go to Menu/link to the gallery (i.e. schottland in my case). There switch to Gallery Options.

You can change here everything except the size of the thumbnails, which (as it appears) can only be change for all galleries at once. So no different sizes in different galleries. Why this is the case I do not understand.

©Randy Garbin Changing thumnail size has still no effect on my page either.

K
Klaus
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125345

O.k. just did another test.

If you (Menu to gallery link) change the columns for say 4 to 2, the size of the thumbnails changes according to the width of your template. The bad thing: it seems thumbnails are not beein resized, rather just blown up (check 1 column and you can see what I mean.)

I changed the layout for a test to "rectangle" https://www.klausfrei.com/travel/schottland

Tricky ...

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #125400

Glad that you have found the solution and thanks for sharing. If you dont have any question then you can close this post by accepting the answer.

RG
Randy Garbin
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125350

Thanks for the tip about the menu item. In my case, the module is placed on a Pagebuilder page. I guess I'll have to create a hidden menu item just to control the gallery? Hardly an elegant solution.

Just so that the developers know, I am currently maintaining a rather large website built on Helix and extensively using Pagebuilder. I am having a horrible time upgrading this site to version 4. I'm getting pretty close to recommending Wordpress for the site's next iteration — and I don't like Wordpress.

I don't want to sound like a crank, but if I can't make these transitions easily, it costs me some serious time and money.

K
Klaus
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125362

Good luck. I've already tried several times to migrate to Joomla 4. Everytime it ended in a mess. But I did not spend too much time so far and it was only for test reasons, as I should migrate several pages in the near future.

It seems that Joomla 4.0 is not realy reliable so far. Furthermor everybody, like Joomshaper, seems to think they must change their components completely. I don't now if you've tried PageBuilder 4.x. It was no good at all, especially if you consider how good it was before.