SPPB5 - Feature Request - Optimize Article Integration - Question | JoomShaper

SPPB5 - Feature Request - Optimize Article Integration

B

bergwerk

SP Page Builder 7 months ago

Hello Team,

as stated privously on many occations, the Article Integration still is very clunky in the latest Pagebuilder.

Since the editing of the Article itself and the Page Content is discoupled it is very frustrating and confusing to work with it on a large scale.

Please see my notes here: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/21794 https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25160#qa-answer-118269

It should be possible to:

• Either integrate the PageBuilder Component as an iFrame direclty on the Article Editing Page - As it was with SPPB 3
  • Otherwise integrate all the article fields (publishing, access, category) into pagebuilder.

Example as iFrame

Example Options in Pagebuilder

Thanks for consideration.

13 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #128665

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. I will add it in our feature request list so that our DEV team will take care of it.

-Regards.

J
Jeroen
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #128669

Hi,

I use the "Joomla Article" integration of SP Pagebuiler 5.0.9 on Joomla 4.3.4 also and I must say that the integration isn't as optimal which it first in SPPB 3 was. It is very annoying that when you create a Joomla article and instead of the "Joomla Editor" you choose "SP Page builder" followed by "Edit with Backend Editor" which then opens a new window. You must then close the previous window, otherwise you run the risk of accidentally saving that previous window and all your created SP Page Builder content from that page will be overwritten by the previous content. What I do now is close the previous window immediately. But this is of course very inconvenient and can certainly be improved.

Best regards, Jeroen

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #128828

Ok I will add it also.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131374

Hey there - any news, if or when this will be integrated? Would be great to know if it is on your roadmap or if we have to develop something on our own?

Thanks!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131487

I have added it already, I hope team will implement it soon.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136519

Hello Joomshaper-Team,

any news what the status on this issue is?

Thanks!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 months ago #136603

I have added this feature, it may take some time.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141287

Hello Joomshaper-Team,

Thanks!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #141350

Not yet, sorry.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145954

Since i guess there is still no progress on this issue i started to implement my own solution.

At the moment it's an absolutley quick-and-dirty proof of concept, however it shows that this can be done rather easy. Since all of SPPB Code is obfuscated it took me a few tries to get it going, but since Joomshaper has access to the full source code, this can really be done in a few hours.

Process is simple: -> Replace the two Buttons for Frontend/Backend with an iFrame of the Backend PageBuilder -> Hide the Toolbar with CSS, so that the Save/Copy Functions of SPPB cannot be triggered -> Write a function, which triggers SPPB Save as soon as the "Save Article" Button is triggered, wait until the Save is Done and continue with Article Save.

Works great and saves so much time when dealing with Article Integration:

https://screenpal.com/watch/cZV3bJVJw8S

Code of my Concept here - Please don't judge the Spagetti-Javascript. It's only a Proof of Concept.

https://file.io/dm3p7sFGNpEe

(Note: Can be installed as a standard Plugin in Joomla 4, However it has to be loaded LAST to work properly)

Please forward to your developers - I hope, this makes matters quicker and easier? :-)

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 months ago #145987

Thanks for your opinions and solutions. I will inform our team.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151132

Hello Joomshaper-Team,

Thanks!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151284

I have already added it in our feature request list. I hope our DEV team will take care of it if they think they wants to add this feature.

Thank you.