Page Builder 3.8.10 Editing Text Blocks On Joomla 5.0 - Question | JoomShaper

Page Builder 3.8.10 Editing Text Blocks On Joomla 5.0

bigfrontdoor

bigfrontdoor

SP Page Builder 6 months ago

Hi there,

I don't feel ready yet to use the latest release of Page Builder. Still feels a bit buggy to me and so I want to keep using v3.8.10 for as long as I possibly can.

With Joomla 4.4 I was able to do that with no problems but testing Page Builder v3.8.10 on Joomla 5.0 I'm having issues editing text blocks.

All other block types seem to open fine in Page Builder but the text blocks don't work, they won't open the pop up box to begin editing.

Is Page Builder 3.8 compatible with J5?

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #135628

Hi,

as offcial support I can say that:

1. SPPB 3.8 works perfectly on Joomla 4.4 and keep that way. Also becuase that version will be supported by Joomla Dev Team for next 12 months or even longer.
  2. We are not going make any code updates for SPPB 3.8 anymore. The last update was in May 2023, and ended.
  3. In means that if somehow you want to use SPPB 3.8 on Joomla 5.x you have to correct its source code on your own.
  4. You can use SPPB 3.x as long you want, and upgrade tp SPPB 5.x one day in the middle of 2024.

That's all as JoomShaper.

As private person and Joomla webmaster since 2005, I can share extra thoughts: Joomla Dev Team took 3 years to make Joomla 4.4 fully stable and bug "free" since J4.0.0. So im my opinion using Joomla 5.0.0 (or 5.0.1 soon) on production site doesn't make sense, unless you are "hungry" for new versions almost like beta tester. As one writer said: You are free to make your choices, but you are not free to choose the consequences.

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135626

I don't know how official Joomshaper will answer this but let me inject a note of optimism; difficulties with SPPB 4 kept me in the 3.8.10 camp but I can report that I have had no problems at all with version 5, which is now running on several of my production sites. You can edit from the back end as before, and a couple clients have ventured into editing from the front end - so far successfully.

bigfrontdoor
bigfrontdoor
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135635

Thanks guys.

I haven't looked at Page Builder 5 for a while so maybe I'll revisit it and give it another chance.

I'll maybe hold off on the J5 rollout as well, just assumed it was a pretty trivial upgrade from J4.4.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #135702

You're welcome