SP Page Builder Pro 3.8.10, And Helix 3 Joomla 5 Compatibility - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder Pro 3.8.10, And Helix 3 Joomla 5 Compatibility

S

sydk2017

Helix Framework 4 months ago

Just checking in to see how the upgrade to SP Page Builder Pro 3.8.10, and Helix 3 basic template is coming along so I can upgrade all my sites to Joomla 5.

Does anyone have a time frame yet?

Thanks,

Syd

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #143585

what do I need to do to get SPPB 3.8 to work with Joomla 5?

I guess, you expect only honest answer from me: You need hire developer who will customize SPPB 3.8 code. In general there is problem in text areas, in Text addon etc. But it will work in J5 Legacy mode anyway.

OR keep Joomla 4.4.x for next serveral months if site works OK.

With each SPPB 5.x update, update from SPPB 3.8 to 5.2 should be smoother. You can wait 1-2 months.

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #143596

I just tried a couple test sites and upgraded to SPPB 5 - everything seemed to go pretty well, and the backend editor works now. A couple months ago I had all kinds of problems, but it looks like they have been fixed. So that's good news...

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #143568

Hi Syd,

In big short:

• SPPB 3.8 cannot be used in J5, only SPPB 5.2.x will work.
  • If you have raw Helix3 template - it will work in Joomla 5 after update. But if you have template based on helix3, you have to wait for offcial update, if there is no J5 version yet (check changelog of template).
  • Joomla 4.x will be supported for next 10 months, so no rush with J5.x, relax.
S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #143574

Hi Paul - thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Good news about Helix 3!

Bad news about SPPB 3.8 though - it does work on the couple sites I've experimented with upgrading to Joomla 5, but if I turn on error reporting I see lines and lines of errors.

The problem is - I've build 180 plus sites that use SPPB 3.8. I've tried the new Page builder 5 and it just dosent work that well. And I assume I can't just upgrade from SPPB 3.8 to SPPB 5.2.

I can't believe there aren't a lot of other people who don't want to switch over to the new page builder.

So my next questions is - what do I need to do to get SPPB 3.8 to work with Joomla 5?