[Locked] Fontawesome 6 Icons are Not Loading On Helix Ultimate 2.0.16 - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] Fontawesome 6 Icons are Not Loading On Helix Ultimate 2.0.16

CS

Charles Southgate

Template 6 months ago

None of the Font Awesome icons are loading on HU since the latest update to 2.0.16 which was the update that brought in Font Awesome 6. I know I could go through and override the CSS, location by location to change back ro font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free" but that's a pain and I'd have to remember to delete it later when the issue is resolved.

So i looked through the files, wondering if I could change it at a more basic setting and I found templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/v4-shims.min.css

The file is full of Font awesome 5. Is this why Font Awesome 6 is not loading?

25 Answers
CS
Charles Southgate
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135845

Just a follow up.... I exported the file to notepad++ and did a find-replace for Font Awesome 5 to FontAwesome 6. Then I loaded the file back up and all the icons are loading properly.

I am out of my depth here - I am not a developer. Is it possible to that Joomshaper simply forgot to update this file when releasing the latest version of Helix Ultimate?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #135856

Hi Charles,

It was prepared for Joomla 5 that has FA6 inside.

You could / should read tip 6. >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/troubleshooting-faq#megamenu-without-arrow-icon-after-helix-ultimate-update

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136265

Hi Paul,

I have followed these steps, but there are still pages where the icons are not displayed.

PHP 8.2, J5, HU2.1.7 and no jokes about J5 ;) ;) ;)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136270

@Martin about missing FontAwesome Icons.

Please go to Sp Page Builder > Options/Settings > Advanced (tab) > Load Font Awesome -

must be (blue dot) On.

info_1796_2023.jpg

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136275

Damn, small catch, big effect ;) THX!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136272

2nd, @Martian I have request/task for you (look into Hidden box)

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136276

@Paul, I can't see it

Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137102

I'm confused here, what's the actual solution?

I'm just trying to get the new Twitter X logo to show up and Font Awesome still shows version 5.

I toggled the SCSS compilation back and forth, cleared site and browser cache, and nothing.

CS
Charles Southgate
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137138

Does this help? It worked for me. if you have Joomla 4, put this in the custom.css:- /deleteme when helix ultimate is fixed/ .fa { font-family: var(--fa-style-family,"Font Awesome 5 Free")!important; font-weight: var(--fa-style,900); }

.fa-brands, .fab { font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Brands" !important; }

.fa-classic, .fa-regular, .fa-solid, .far, .fas { font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free" !important; }

and if you have Joomla 5, then it seems to work ok. IDK why.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #137115

It depends on:

1. What template you have, is it a raw Helix Ultimate or Template based on it?
  2. And do we talk about social icon from Helix settings

Remember that in case of - you can always use trick from Helix docuemnation >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/customization-tips

Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137141

I'm running everything up to date, including J5 with the raw HU template.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #137164

On my demo I see new "X" icon, but so far you didn't shared URL so ....

Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137423

This is Joomla 5 with the latest updates of HU and SPPB updated.

I'm not understanding why it didn't upgrade the Font Awesome package.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137189

Not working for me either.. Seems like the Icon library in SPPB 5.1.8 hasn't been updated to FontAwesome 6. It is very confusing!!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #137191
  • SPPB 5.0.8 is version from Aug 2023
  • SPPB 5.1.8 is version from Nov 2023

But indeed in SPPB 5.1.x there is still FA 5. That's why you have to use tip from Helix guide to correct that by now.

R
Randall
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137192

I meant 5.1.8 (typo).. Thanks.

Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #137571

It was a bit of a pain, but I got it working using Fontello.

NT
Nils Thoms
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #138151

Hi Brad! Can you post your steps to solve the problem using Fontello? I'm facing the same problem, using Joomla 5, HU 2.0.17 and SBPB 5.1.9.

PB
Petr Benes
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #143580

Hello, there still isn't Font Awesome 6 in SPPB? I'm on Helix Ultimate 2.0.18 and SPPB 5.2.4, but I see only Font Awesome 5 in SPPB.

Thanks

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #143581

Indeed, we all wait for FA 6 update in SPPB. I cannot share any date yet. But it's on the wish-list.

Font Awesome Free 6.4.2 is only in raw Helix Ultimate template.

S
sauerlu
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154735

Hello, thanks for all this infos, I've tried everything, add the CSS also to mei custum.css.

But it does not work. One strange thing is, that the icons appears, but after i click on some menu points, the icons dont appear anymore: Video

Thanks a lot. Frank

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154741

@sauerlu

Answer is pretter simple. You have Joomla 5, where Font Awesome 6 is used, not v5. This should be used in override.css

.sp-megamenu-parent .sp-dropdown li.sp-menu-item > a::before {
  font-family: "Font Awesome 6 Free";} 
S
sauerlu
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154754

Thank you Paul for your answer, i've added this on my override.css. Cleared the Cache of Joomla, Browser etc, but nothing changed.

Thanks for your patience.

F.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #154756

I still see FA 5 inside your file, maybe files are cached by server, browser or other rules. It's beyond me.

info_2588_2024.jpg

S
sauerlu
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #154759

Thanks a lot, you're right, Firefox seems to have a cache problem, in chrome, everything works now. Thanks a lot.

Frank

This topic is locked