Updating Joomla 4.3 To 4.0.0 - Question | JoomShaper

Updating Joomla 4.3 To 4.0.0

Lindy Wineman

Lindy Wineman

General 5 months ago

some of my joomla 4 sites are using joomla 4.3.3 and will not update to Joomla 4.4.0 i either get a 500 error or the page never loads. Has anyone else experienced this at all? I have tried using the update screen, I have even tried ftp'ing all the files (having extracted them) one by one over the top of the existing folders in the 4.3 site - nothing! can anyone help? [https://www.abadata.com/images/Screenshot 2023-11-02 130213.png]

3 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136101

Hi Lindy,

but we are JoomShaper support, not Joomla Support.

On that site mic...911 - there are many extensions that are not Joomla 4 ready, and that also could cause code crash. As I see that website Joomla 3.10 > J4.3 upgrade wasn't fully succesed :(

For example:

• K2 extension do not work inside J4, and will not work (!) becuase of K2 developers.
  • J2store - you have old version, beta2 is not recommended.

To be honest, it request a long of checking to fix your Joomla 4.x.

info_1788_2023.jpg

Lindy Wineman
Lindy Wineman
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #136103

Really appreciate the help Paul - thankyou, I have already updated the J2store - and will deinstall the K2, I did not upgrade from Joomla 3 to this but installed Joomla 4 from the start and built it on J4, so am a little concerned as to why its so broken

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #136107

For sure deep investigation is needed.

I based my assumptions about the J3>J4 seeing broken k2 extension. Fortunately, I was wrong.

if you have time you can also make research on forum.joomla.org, you have error message already in Joomla Update section.