[Locked] Goodbye JCE - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] Goodbye JCE

Pavel

Pavel

SP Page Builder 6 months ago

Hello friends.

I want to hit my opinion about JCE and the new editor inside SP Rage Builder.

Several spoilers at once:

1. I'm a fan of JCE
  2. I hate TinyMCE
  3. But ... the new editor is beautiful!

As a user, I was able to make sure that JCE and SP Rage Builder 5 have a number of indestructible problems. This forced me to postpone the use of SP Rage Builder 5 for a long time.

I do not think that the Joomshaper team did not correct these problems due to a bad nature. The reason for not correction is not the possibility of this. Since these applications are created by various developers and have their own unique ecosystems.

Here are the problems with JCE, which I have reported about and which are invisible at first glance, but are the most important.

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/16120

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25875

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25935

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/25935

Pay attention to the dates of the creation of these messages.

Applications work well together if they belong to one ecosystem, are created by one developer.

Problems with JCE forced me to move on to the use of TinyMCE (remember? I hate it). It was hard work.

Therefore, I was very pleased with the unexpected move from the JoomShaper team with the introduction of their own editor. I checked it and it is beautiful, albeit simple.

The new editor is definitely much better than Tinymce. And may the universe forgive me, potentially, it will be better than JCE. At least inside SP Page Builder.

I doubt that someone uses absolutely all JCE options inside SP Page Builder.

Therefore, I propose to help the team draw up a roadmap to improve the editor, selecting the options that you use.

In my opinion, two important things are primarily necessary:

1. Expand button
  2. Advanced system of working with links, like in jCE

Well, give users the choice of the editor in the general settings of SP Page Builder.

20 Answers
R
Robert
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136740

Everyone hates TinyMCE :)

Extended my JCE subscription since the use of PB. At first I missed JCE a bit, but now I don't know any better and I don't miss it anymore. I can actually do anything I want within PB.

What else I hate outside of TinyMCE is updates so I keep plugins and extensions to an absolute minimum. I try to reduce any possible compatibility problems as much as possible that way.

Beyond that, I think a team should focus on their own product instead of wasting valuable time chasing JCE. That time can be better spent on own development and help on the forum, which can shorten waiting times.

It is much better as PB user to indicate what you like to see so that the team can work with that. This way we get our own beautiful text editor and you no longer have to think about JCE.

In my opinion our own input (wishlist) has much more value then using another product inside a complete builder.

Just my two cents...

Have a great day.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136746

If I may... as very long fan of JCE..... last security issues (fixed already, 2.9.52) - I was a little disappointed, especially since this is not the first time. I know that every software has "holes" but ...

I have hope that with every SPPB update new editor will get more and more useful features, and lack of JCE will be less noticeable (painful) for all of Us.

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136769

Hello!

In principle, PB's own editor may have advantages. But the way it is currently, it's not usable. I can't even switch to a large editor window. The JCE is the best editor. Please then also implement all the functions such as tables, font colors, font sizes etc. So the new editor is not usable. I don't know how to write and edit texts so sensibly. You could like to release your own editor, but please give users the opportunity to choose the editor themselves. Simply make your editor an editor plugin that can be installed individually.

Greetings Sven

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136788

Intermediate result:

Today I work with the new editor all day and I rest, after a week of torment with Tinymce! :)

Expand button is urgently required. Without it, it is not possible to work with tables comfortable if there are more than 3 columns, it is not convenient to formate the copied text.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136841

Hi Pavel,

With due respect, SP Page Builder has an amazing out-of-the-box table builder. Why do you need a table inside the text editor? If you need a table, just drop the table add-on in SP Page Builder and do whatever you need to do. Additionally, if you require a table outside of the page builder, JCE is still there to accommodate that need. Btw, we are working on adding an expand button to the editor.

Thanks

SE
Sven Engelke
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136892

Hello!

The table add-on is not usable. Way too complicated and too complicated. With the JCE I have a larger table with formatting etc. ready in seconds. This is impossible with the table add-on.

greeting sven

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136894

Hi @Kawshar.

When working in SPPB, I use the combo mode - the capabilities of the builder plus custom HTML /CSS coding . Tables Addon are designed for beginners since setting tables through the interface is a very bulky process and takes a long time. I prefer to insert a bootstrap table into a Text Addon.

Time winning with a similar amount of data:

Bootstrap table - 15 min/work

SP Tables Addon - 90min/work

I think you should not consider all your customers as beginners, offering them to return to the level of a beginner ;)

That is why the text editor in the future should receive an additional number of options

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136830

Thanks Pavel,

I got confirmation that in SPPB 5.1.8 editor toolbar will be improved.

Dmitry Goncharov
Dmitry Goncharov
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136831

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/LM_1uTc469MMWw

It is also necessary to implement a new editor in all text fields, all addons

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136837

With the new editor, I can't even figure out how to edit the properties of images in a text block, such as size and alternative text. Where can I do this simple thing? JCE made it so easy.

Kawshar Ahmed
Kawshar Ahmed
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136843

You know it's inside a page buiulder, right? If you need to add an image, use the image addon. If you need a table, use the table builder. It's as simple is that.

Thanks

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136847

Inserting a graphic is easy enough. That was obvious.

How do I edit the alternative text properties? How do I define its size? Add a border? Configure text wrapping? I didn't see where I can do this. Please assist if you can.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136884

Switch to Source HTML mode in editor toolbar and add style="....." with needed changes or class="image-changes" with predefined CSS changes for image. We will certainly add the required fields soon.

By now, use your basic webmaster skills.

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136890

Cordial saludo.

Está sucediendo exactamente lo mismo que con el editor Gutenberg en WordPress, implementaron algo a la fuerza, destruyó miles de sitios web y al final, volvieron a implementar el editor clásico porque el de bloques fue un desastre y lean lo siguiente si creen que esto no es en serio:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/gutenberg/reviews/?filter=1

https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

Insisto y con todo respeto, cometen un error enorme, esa decisión hará que muchos aparte de desistir del uso de SPPB, se vayan a otros CMS tal y como estamos mirando.

Ustedes pensaron que solo era decir: abandonamos la integración de JCE, haremos un nuevo editor y todos felices...pues ya ven que no, me criticaron en Facebook de comunidad JoomShapper por edicir esto, ahora lo ratificó, los usuarios sabemos lo que queremos y eso queda totalmente demostrado a través de la opinión y decisiones de la mayoría, no queremos un editor de texto nuevo, trabajamos y apoyamos masivamente JCE.

Busquen el modo de sentarse con Ryan y dialogar como buenos profesionales buscando la cohexistencia de SPPB y JCE, de eso dependerán muchos clientes y valga la pena decirlo, no tomar la decisión de abandonar Joomla que la verdad, sería lo más grave de todo este asunto.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136893

Hi Fernando.

In my opinion, you are mistaken, the new editor is not the same as "Gutenberg en WordPress". Yes, now it is sterile, but it will grow options, I'm sure. And you will get used to it.

I beg you - this topic was created for a new editor roadmap, but not for complaints. Please create a separate topic on the forum

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136896

cometen un error enorme.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #136897

Good news that - our CEO decited to give JCE one more chance. And probably we will restore JCE and give users a option to choose which editor they want to use in Text area.

but Yes, current editor will be still development & improvment during next updates.

S
Schwyzer
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136898

thats a good idea...so everybody can choose...

FB
Fernando Bautista
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136899

Muchas gracias por escuchar nuestro clamor Pablo, soy respetuoso en expresar mi opinión.SPPB junto con JCE son dos complementos estrella que hacen contrapeso a WordPress por facilidad de uso y fíjese que al final, la gente prefirió apoyar la continuidad del editor clásico frente a una solución impuesta:https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/classic-editor/reviews/?filter=5Ustedes y el señor Ryan se que pueden tomarse un café, dialogar y entender las necesidades de todos, en la vida todo se puede y más profesionales como ustedes, tenemos la esperanza de que logren proponer cooperación y así, mantener ambos productos, por el bien universal de la comunidad que tanto los apoya.Ánimo 😀

Dmitry Goncharov
Dmitry Goncharov
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #136901

How do I unsubscribe from new messages in a topic?

This topic is locked