Helixe Ultimate Reports Error 503 - Question | JoomShaper

Helixe Ultimate Reports Error 503

BOFHJunior

BOFHJunior

Helix Framework 3 months ago

Hello Support, my new website is in Offline mode and i played a little bit around with the Comming Soon button of Helix and now i see nothing anymore when i open The Helix Template Options. https://prnt.sc/37WvPfOQNbjS

I can change things like Cooming Soon Content, or the Presets color but i still get the 503 error. I deleted the cache and also reinstalled Helix but the error still persists.

4 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #145289

Hi,

503 is server error message.

The 503 Service Unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means a website's server is not available right now. Most of the time, it occurs because the server is too busy or maintenance is being performed on it.

I suggest the basic tip: change default template and check site again.

Offline mode is much better than Coming Soon.

BOFHJunior
BOFHJunior
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145294

Hey Paul, thx for your Support. If the site is not Offline and i change the Template to Cassiopeia, the error is gone. But i need to activate Site Offline mode want to work with Helix. When i change back to Helix in Offline Mode the error is back. It does not matter if Comming Soon is activated or not -> Error 503. Even when i deinstall Helix the error persists. Only when i put the Site online i see the first content. Back to Offline -> 503 error is back.

Yes the problem has something to do with Site Offline Mode. I have originally activated Site Offline Mode and added text and a picture but the picture is not shown as Offline Image. So in the past i put the picture into Coming Soon but deactived it again. The picture was still shown and i worked in the background at the pages.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #145324

I cannot reproduce that issue on any of my sites based on raw Helix Ultimate, also users so far didn't mention about that issue.

Anyway all I can suggest now is to delete "offline.php" file from template folder, then default core Joomla file would be used for that view. Maybe this will help by now.

templates\THEME-NAME\offline.php

I have two extra questions:

1. What is full name of that template?
  2. What PHP version you set?
BOFHJunior
BOFHJunior
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145643

I started with a fresh Joomla 5 installation and database and also cannot reproduce the error... Maybe it has something to do with Cookies. I deleted many caches everywhere and i use in Firefox the Add-on "I don't care about cookies". In the past i already had problems with deleting the Browser cache and after opening the SP Page Builder Frontend i saw nothing until i accepted The Cookie message there. In the future when i have time for that i will play around more to reproduce it.

Important now is, the Side is in Offline Mode and is using the Picture and Background Picture from Comming Soon although Comming Soon is deactivated (did somebody just said bug? ;-) ) and i can work in the background on the Pages.

I hope to keep in mind to delete offline.php if necessary.

1. I did not used any template when the error happend. Just Joomla 5.02 and Helix 2.0.18.
  2. PHP is 8.2