Accented Characters Change - Question | JoomShaper

Accented Characters Change

C

CONINET

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

Hi, we use your product (SPPageBuilder) on Joomla4 and Joomla5 (editor JCE) and when we make a text with accented characters the system change this with "??". How can we solve this bug/issue? Could you help us?

6 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148434

Hi,

what is "accented characters" in your case, show me example text. I use my native language and all extra marks (źżśćół) are displayed correctly.

In most cases problem with missing extra letter are caused by used FONT - not all Fonts can display all extra chars/letters. This is normal, and you cannot change that until you are not Font creator.

If you are using Google Fonts - please:

1. Check on fonts.google.com if used by you Font support your native letters.
  2. Sometimes you have to switch to (use) Latin Extented. This same you have in Helix settings.

AND for testing purpose, use native OS System Font and check your text again

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 09-49-24 SP Page Builder Pro - joomla 5.0x - Administration.png

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148436

Here are my Tests with 3 languages (system font) + JCE as you can see

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 09-54-47 SP Page Builder Pro - joomla 5.0x - Administration.png

All those use extra character letters and are displayed.

C
CONINET
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148445

Hi, thanks for your reply. To make an example; COMUNITÀ is changed to COMUNIT??

We forgot to mention one important thing before.

This kind of behavior is not consistent, we tried to save a page with SP Page Builder a couple of times and everything was ok. After a while we tried to edit the same page and got the error.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148446

Hmm, weird. Maybe switch to TinyMCE and play a while. And check if issuse will return.

I tested on my demo site and this Italian word was totally OK, no letter was changed to "?? "after 2-3 editions.

Check also using Article (without SPPB mode) - if will be there, it means that it's problem with JCE.

C
CONINET
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154358

Hi, switching to TinyMCE the problem is the same. We use native cassiopeia theme in Joomla v 4.4.3 and SP page Builder v 5.2.9 then we don't use helix.

The font choosed is Monserrat and we have installed it in frontend.

In backend view editing only a page builder title with special characters, first time is ok, opening more time the page and saving without make changes in page title, it may happens that special character are changed with ??.

Can you help us is some way?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #154361

Why it took you two months to investigate that?

1. Do you have that same problem inside Article (without SPPB)?
  2. Share link to example page where you have missing font characters?
  3. DO you have that same problem in all browsers, check at 2-3.
  4. What language?