Customers are Able To Checkout Without Paying Shipping - Question | JoomShaper

Customers are Able To Checkout Without Paying Shipping

B

Bob

EasyStore 2 months ago

Hi there,

In easystore if a customer doesn't select the state (under city and postcode) during checkout, they are able to place and pay for the order without shipping being added.

The Email, Name, Address Line 1, City, and Zip Code fields are all set to required if they are left blank, but not Select State which is what calculates the shipping.

How can we make the 'Select State' field required during checkout?

We are using EastStore 1.0.9

Thanks for your help.

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #150729

Hello Bob

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #151907

Hi Ofi,

I fixed the error by adding 'required' to line 73 in the information.php file at components/com_easystore/layouts/checkout

This made the select state field required and stopped users from checking out without paying for postage.

If I should have done this different please let me know. Will this be fixed in future versions so this change won't be lost when we make updates?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #151916

You have to change it after any update. We have not found this issue. If we find it, then we will fix it in the future version.