How To Change Your Category Blog's Layout? - Question | JoomShaper

How To Change Your Category Blog's Layout?

Dmitriy

Dmitriy

Helix Framework 1 month ago

Hello! How to add my blog category display template. /templates/finion/html/com_content/category/ I see files here, but there is no code inside. Where can I create my blog templates?

9 Answers
Dmitriy
Dmitriy
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150951

/templates/shaper_helixultimate/overrides/com_content/category/blog.php

I created this structure, but the blog display did not change. What am I doing wrong?

Dmitriy
Dmitriy
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150955

this structure doesn’t work either templates/finion/shaper_helixultimate/overrides/com_content/category/blog.php

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151033

Wrong path.

To create new your own blog layout with your unique name, you should use Joomla standart override system and read Joomla documentation about override Category Blog. There are nuances - in addition you must create your own type of menu item and make changes to XML.

To override default blog layout that comes from from Helix (Finion) template, you must copy all files,

from

/plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_content/category/

to

/templates/finion/overrides/com_content/category/

as they are interconnected.

From my experience. In 90% of cases, overrides are not required. Only CSS is enough. Describe what you want to achieve with blog layout.

Dmitriy
Dmitriy
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151039

Hello! Copied files from /plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_content/category/ made changes to the blog.php file. It didn't change anything

This is my path www/templates/finion/overrides/com_content/category/

I need to remove this block: <div class="cat-children mb-4">
<div class="last"> <h3 class="page-header item-title"><a href="/stati/vidy-rulonnykh-gazonov"> Виды рулонных газонов</a>
</h3>
</div> </div>

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151057

Hi.

I need to remove this block: ...

Do you mean this block?

If so, ...

No need override or CSS. It is Joomla comon knowage

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151087

Hi Dmitriy,

Thanks for contacting us. You can follow Pavel's instructions. And thanks Pavel for helping him.

-Regards.

Dmitriy
Dmitriy
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151653

Thank you! How to move categories up under a title I need to do like here https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates/category/sports-outdoors

https://prnt.sc/X8-P21w8hDl6

Maybe you have other solutions?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151752

Could you please create a new forum post about it?