Bug SPPB 5 - New Text Editor Not Cleaning Up MS Word Correctly - Question | JoomShaper

Bug SPPB 5 - New Text Editor Not Cleaning Up MS Word Correctly

B

bergwerk

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

Since the integration of the new Editor in SPP5 we have had more and more issues regarding strange text formatting on multiple systems. After some research it turns out: When copy & pasting from MS Word the HTML is not properly filtered and lots of style information is kept in the editor. While this is a common issue with WYSIWYG-Editors, we did not have this problem for YEARS now since JCE Editor filters input without any problems (or at least has the possibility to explicitly set this in the settings).

I know, it would be possible to switch to the System Editor before pasting Text from Word, but i'm honestly tired of explaining to my clients, that the process of editing their website has become even more complicated again....

Please add an option to filter out MS Word HTML completley or filter it out by default since it would usually make no sense at all to paste styling information into any text editor input in SPPB.

3 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151673

Hi,

You can stil use JCE editor - from toolbar click [...] icon then choose "System Editor" (if you have installed JCE you will see it) ;O) info_2438_2024.jpg

1. If you don't want to use JCE, teach your clients to paste text to Text Editor (ex. Notepad) first then copy-paste to SPPB editor. Less problems with trash code for next days, weeks ;)
  2. Have you tried on TinyMCE Editor?
  3. I will add that request to wish-list.

In general MS Word generate TONS of TRASH code, and always was this way, also 5-9 years ago, so this is not a fresh problem.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151728

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer - however, as i said i'm having trouble "teaching my clients" to take even more extra steps to enter a simple text field.

We're servicing systems with 50+ active users creating content - Teaching them again and again that the process of creating an article/page is getting more convoluted with every update is extemely annoying. Most of them don't have detailed technical knowledge and just enter text and images - This has worked fantastic for many years in SPPB3 and is now an absolute challenge with SPPB5.

• First the now completly confusing article intrgration
  • Then the complete removal of frontend inline formatting
  • And now the forceful switch to a propriary wysiwyg editor in front- and backend

I know - switching to TinyMCE and JCE is possible in a sperate window. This is in my opinion not more than an bad excuse for making the overall user experience a lot worse.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151738

As I said I added to wish-list + high priority, but personally I cannot do anything more right now.

I know that some customers are unreformable ://