Length Of The Link Field For Images - Question | JoomShaper

Length Of The Link Field For Images

Bob Tezyk

Bob Tezyk

SP Page Builder 2 weeks ago

What is the maximum length of the image link field in SP Pagebuilder? I have noticed that when I drill down into nested folders where my images are stored, if I get too deep, the image will not display. I have been forced to revamp my image orginazation so as not to have link lengths that exceed the limit.

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #154280

Hello Bob Tezyk

Sorry, I do not get your question clearly. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154305

I have found that if the image I want to show is too deep into the folder tree, it will not display. I need to know the maximum number of characters in the field that is used to link the image to the article. This issue shows up when I am trying to add an image to the gallery.

https://www.wd5ddh.org/index.php/temp

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #154342

The link is inserted correctly but there is limited space to show the full link. You can put your cursor on the link box and press right arrow button to check the full link.

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154411

You are not understanding the question. Ask one of the programmers the length of the field that stores the link. I am looking for a number.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #155028

There is no limitation according to the developer. Please share your image link here. I will test with the similar nested link.

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155118

There seems to be a limit somewhere in the code. When I drill down too far to display a picture in the slideshow, it comes up with a blank page. Thank you for doing the additional research.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #155169

Please share the link (whatever long it is) here. I will try with the same length to check it.

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155248

Go to www.wd5ddh.org. Scroll down to the slideshow and view image 17. You will see it is blank. That picture has a path of: /home5/wdfivddh/public_html/images/phocagallery/Parks On the Air/K-2996-2023-03-11

If I move the picture up to a higher level it will display.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 week ago #155306

Your site is very slow. It does not load properly. However, I have checked the following path in my localhost. I have created path:

images/phocagallery/Parks On the Air/K-2996-2023-03-11/test

and uploaded an image with Image addon. It works fine here. Is your issue happening only on Slideshow addon? Please check and let me know.

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155348

It is not a problem if I just put the image in a section. It only appears to happen in the slide show.

As for our website speed, we are a small non-profit club that is hosted on a shared single computer to save expenses. The speed is sufficient for our purposes as we only support our members and the occational visitor. It does take a few seconds to load PageBuilder pages. Our direct Joomla pages are faster to create and load much quicker but I expected that since the additional overhead of PageBuilder is a good tradeoff for the additional 'curb appeal' that it provides.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 days ago #155840

Sorry, I have not found the issue on Slideshow addon too. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Bob Tezyk
Bob Tezyk
Accepted Answer
1 day ago #155906

The information you requested is in the hidden section

Thanks, Bob