Joomla Banners Component And Sp Page Builder, is There A Work Around? - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla Banners Component And Sp Page Builder, is There A Work Around?

A

APD

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

HEllo I see that you guys do not offer anymore extensions. I wonder if there is a way to use sp page builder to build rotative banners, using the joomla component banners...?? is this possible? PLease let me know Thank you

9 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #158783

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry right now there is no default option to do that. I mean we dont have any rotate banner in our page builder,But you can use Joomla banner module. You can use that banners inside SPPB module addon.

-Regards.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #158789

Hi APD,

Our JoomSHaper extensions are still here: https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-extensions

About Banners, you can use any module you need inside Module addon. Also Joomla Banners module.

banner2752_2024.jpg

Banner component is used to handle banners, and there is a module to display them. It was the same in old Joomla versions, nothing changed ;p

A
APD
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #160730

any update?

A
APD
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #160338

yes i know i can use any module inside the module add on!!!! i just want to create the banners, using SP page builder, so I can add real text and buttons. that's why I asked if there was an extension capable of doing that. When creating banners with the "banners component" it only lets me upload images...as banners...

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #160746

For custom banners you can use:

• Image addon (classic banner)
  • Image Layout addon (more advanced)
  • Raw HTML addon (custom solution)

You just have to match your expectations with the addon, and that's it.

A
APD
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #160845

i am sorry, but i dont know if you are understanding my question. I wanted to use the built in joomla banners add on, but i wanted to build the banners using sp page builder since i want them to be responsive and also contain real text and buttons and not just images.

regarding your last reply i dont quite understand it... Thank you

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #160873

info_2851_2024.jpg

For example that CTA you can build using Feature addon.

About Banners component and its module - it's on your hands only, because this is Joomla Core Feature. Joomla don't have addons, only modules by default.

A
APD
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #160874

i totally understand and yes I know the Feature addon, (that i can use on my static pages) BUt the main reason that i wanted to use the Banners component is becuase i can display the banners module randomly on any category and track clicks, etc... Without having to add banners manually on every page and also i dont have the rotating banner feature.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #160894

The Banner module (core one) you can use:

• in template module positions (Helix has few of them)
  • inside Module addon

On JED there are also extra Banner rotators extensions, you can check them too.

And my help ends here.