Helix Ultimate + SP Page Builder _ I Need An Explanation - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate + SP Page Builder _ I Need An Explanation

DP

denis pirra

General 2 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new with the template, the framework and the page builder... so please be patient. I installed Helix ultimate. I'd like to keep the Main body layout COMPONENT | RIGHT (8+4) I am trying to build the home-page with sp page builder. If I publish the home-page it is displayed in the COMPONENT coloumn. So if I set the Main body with COMPONENT 12 the page looks fine... but if I use the COMPONENT 12 then I get this layout for the innner pages, and for the inner pages I need COMPONENT | RIGHT (8+4).

My questions are 2:

1/ the page built with SPPB does not over write the template layout. Is this correct? This means that the page is published in the component area as a standard joomla article: is this correct?

2/ if I need COMPONENT | RIGHT (8+4) for innner pages, but it does not work with the home-page, then the only solution is to have 2 templates, with 2 diffente layouts assigned to single pages?

thanks in advance

3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20155

Hi there!

Yes, SP page builder pages only create/edit your contents within the component area.

Other than this, all related to the template, but not with SP Page Builder.

Would you please explain the layout issue with screenshots?

Best Regards

DP
denis pirra
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20160

Hi Rashida, take a look a this: https://paste.pics/CQMA4 Main body is set to COMPONENT 8 | RIGHT 4 then in the preview, you can see the home-page built with SPPB: it lives in the 8 cols component and the 4 cols RIGHT is blank. I need this layout (8+4) for inner pages, because is a blog style layout. But for the home-page the solution is setting COMPONENT to 12 without the RIGHT col. so I think that the only solution is have 2 templates assigned to different pages.

thanks again

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21022

Hello!

Sorry for the unwanted delay.

Yes, you got it right. You need two diferent template styles for this:)

And assign the Home menu to the new template style from the menu assignment tab.

Best Regards