Instagram Token Save Not Working - Question | JoomShaper

Instagram Token Save Not Working

B

Brian

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi, I have been working to get my client set up to show their latest Instagram posts on their member-only Home Page. I believe I have correctly followed all the steps (reviewed the many posts and replies here, watched the video, triple-checked settings both in Joomla and in the FB App), but when I go to SP Page Builder > Pages > Options and click Generate Access Token (I already have the App ID and Secret saved there), the popup window eventually returns "Submit for Login Review. Some of the permissions below have not been approved for use by Facebook. " If I just ignore it and choose "Done," I get a mostly unformatted screen that shows the access token and Insta ID, and a button to "Insert and Save Token." However, clicking this button does nothing (possibly because a needed script didn't load?)

So I'm stuck.

Worth noting: we use Admin Tools on the site, and it occasionally has stopped a legit script from running. There's a whitelist section and I can add PHP or JS filenames to the list, but I'd need to determine what they are.

Thanks in advance.

8 Answers
B
Brian
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21434

Would you believe, it's the browser? Firefox doesn't work, Chrome does. (p.s. I also cleared Joomla cache, but I had previously tried that several times, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem.) So whatever JS is running on that Insert & Save Token button, y'all might want to test it against Firefox.

But for my project, I'm good now, and thanks!

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21183

Hi there!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Would you please give me your admin access here?

Best Regards

B
Brian
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21197

Access to our staging server in the details below.

B
Brian
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21402

Any word on this? I can see the variables in the DB -- couldn't I just save my Access Token and Insta ID into that array? From DB jml_extensions, name="SP Page Builder" type="component" (sanitized here): {"production_mode":"0","gmap_api":"","ig_token":"{\"appId\":\"APPID\",\"appSecret\":\"APPSECRET\",\"accessToken\":\"**ACCESSTOKEN**\",\"igId\":\"**INSTAID**\"}","fontawesome":"1","lazyloadimg":"0","lazyplaceholder":"https:\/\/res.cloudinary.com\/joomshaper\/image\/upload\/v1582107175\/placeholder.svg","disableanimatecss":"0","disablecss":"0","disable_og":"0","fb_app_id":"","disable_tc":"0","joomshaper_email":"EMAIL","joomshaper_license_key":"JSKEY"}

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21422

Hello,

I have checked the admin area and found out there are so many uodates pending including SP Page Builder.

Would you perform the update tasks first and then clear your Joomla and browser cache?

Then please follow the process again and let me know the result, kindly:

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/showcase-instagram-feed-on-joomla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPtqLxakvQ0

Best Regards

B
Brian
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21429

Omigosh, it worked! Wish I knew what might have done it -- all the updates were recent (since I started this thread). I also jumped over to Chrome in a private window, and maybe that mattered.

But it's working. Yay, and thanks!

Now I have to implement it in the live site, so I'll see if I learn anything more about what the actual solution might have been.

B
Brian
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21442

Okay, final post, I hope. Turns out the culprit was local: Facebook Container addon for Firefox. Turning that off in my local browser allowed me to save the config in Firefox.

Turns out it also restricts the display of Instagram feeds, resulting in empty boxes where the photos should be. The plugin puts up a small fence icon into the browser URL bar when it has blocked something, but it's not easy to notice unless you're looking for that specific thing.

The end user can click the fence icon and whitelist the site, but it's up to the user to do it.

Firefox was pushing this addon pretty hard when it came out, so there may be a lot of browsers out there with this installed.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #21575

Really glad to know that your issue it solved now:)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and you are most welcome!