SP Page Builder Pro 6.9.1 – Media Manager Error 508 - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

SP Page Builder Pro 6.9.1 – Media Manager Error 508

Tanidis Triantafillos

Tanidis Triantafillos

SP Page Builder 9 hours ago

Hello JoomShaper Support Team,

I am experiencing an issue with the Media Manager included in SP Page Builder Pro 6.9.1 on my Joomla website. Please note that the issue is specifically related to the SP Page Builder Media Manager and NOT the native Joomla Media Manager.

My current environment is:

  • Joomla: 5.4.9
  • PHP: 8.3.35
  • SP Page Builder Pro: 6.9.1
  • Website: dev.agorazin.gr

When I open the Media Manager from within SP Page Builder Pro and browse the media folders, I repeatedly receive the following error notification: “Request failed with status code 508” I have attached a screenshot showing exactly what happens.

The folders and files are displayed in the SP Page Builder Media Manager, but the HTTP 508 error appears while using it. The problem occurs inside SP Page Builder's own Media Manager.

Could you please advise what may be causing these requests to return a 508 status code and how I can resolve the issue?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Best regards

0
3 Answers
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 hours ago #234822

Hi Tanidis,

Thank you for the detailed information.

We restored your website locally using the Akeeba Backup and tested the SP Page Builder Media Manager on the restored site.

However, we were unable to reproduce the issue locally. We did not encounter the repeated index.php requests or the 508 error while using the Media Manager. But this issues present on your live site.

Since the issue is occurring only on your live website, this suggests that it may be related to the specific server environment or configuration of your live site.

Could you please check the server error logs and any security rules, such as ModSecurity or firewall rules, that may be affecting these requests?

Best regards,

0
Tanidis Triantafillos
Tanidis Triantafillos
Accepted Answer
6 hours ago #234840

Hello,

Thank you for your previous response.

I investigated the issue further using Chrome Developer Tools and I would like to provide you with some additional information.

I can confirm that one of the requests that repeatedly fails while browsing folders in the SP Page Builder Media Manager is similar to:

/administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&task=/editor.folders&type=folders&filter=&path=%2Fimages&_method=get&timestamp=...

The request returns HTTP 508. Although Chrome displays the status as “508 Loop Detected”, the actual response returned by the server is:

508 Resource Limit Is Reached The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

The response headers also include:

Server: nginx Retry-After: 14400 Content-Type: text/html

I have also recorded a short video showing the issue and how it occurs while browsing the Media Manager: Video demonstrating the issue on YouTube.

Based on these findings and your previous recommendation, I have now contacted my server/hosting support and asked them to investigate the server logs and determine exactly which resource limit is being reached and which server component is generating the 508 response.

In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you could also clarify one point from the SP Page Builder side:

  • Is the number and frequency of requests generated by the Media Manager while browsing folders under /images expected behavior?

I am asking because the issue occurs specifically while the Media Manager is loading/browsing the media folders, and multiple requests are generated during this process. I would like to determine whether the server is simply enforcing a resource limit that needs adjustment, or whether there could also be an abnormal/repeated request pattern from the Media Manager that contributes to reaching that limit.

Once I receive the server administrator's findings regarding the exact resource limit being triggered, I will update this ticket with their response.

Thank you for your assistance.

0
Ziaul Kabir
Ziaul Kabir
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 5 hours ago #234845

Hello Tanidis,

Thank you for the additional information and for checking the request through Chrome Developer Tools.

The details you provided are helpful. The response clearly indicates “508 Resource Limit Is Reached”, which is generated by the server rather than by SP Page Builder itself. This also matches our local testing, where we restored your site from the Akeeba Backup and could not reproduce the issue.

Regarding your question, the Media Manager does make requests while browsing folders and loading the media files. This is expected behavior. However, we do not see an abnormal request loop or excessive request pattern in our local testing.

Since the issue occurs only on your live server and the server is returning a resource-limit response, we recommend continuing with your hosting provider to determine which specific resource limit is being reached (such as CPU, memory, PHP processes, entry processes, or another hosting restriction).

Once your hosting provider provides the relevant server logs or identifies the resource limit being triggered, please share their findings with us. We will be happy to review them from the SP Page Builder side as well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

0