Dynamic Content Open Street Map Carto - Longitude / Latitude Issue - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied SP Page Builder v6.10.0

Dynamic Content Open Street Map Carto - Longitude / Latitude Issue

Asked by John Flanagan 1 hour ago Last activity 14 minutes ago

I'm experiencing an issue with the OpenStreetMap integration in SP Page Builder 6.10.0.

I'm using the Dynamic Media addon within a Dynamic Content template, with the field source set to Map Location.

The coordinates are entered and saved correctly in the Dynamic Content item:

Latitude: 40.781958

Longitude: -74.067649

However, when the map renders on the frontend, it places the marker in Eastern Europe instead of Secaucus, New Jersey.

After inspecting the generated HTML, I found that SP Page Builder is removing the negative sign from the longitude.

Expected output:
"longitude":-74.067649

Actual output:
"longitude":74.067649

The negative longitude remains correct when reopening the Dynamic Content item, so the issue appears to occur when SP Page Builder processes the field for frontend rendering.

I'm using the Open Street Default map style. I noticed that version 6.10.0 introduced CARTO support, so I'm wondering whether this could be related to changes in the mapping functionality.

Could you investigate whether this is a bug in the Dynamic Media addon or the Map Location field processing?

3 replies

Toufiq Senior Staff

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. The Light All, Dark All, and Voyager map styles are provided by CARTO and require a CARTO API key.

You can create a free CARTO account and get your API key here:

Get CARTO API Key

CARTO provides a free commercial usage tier, so you may not need to purchase a paid plan unless your usage exceeds the free limit.

You can check their available plans and pricing here:

CARTO Basemaps Pricing

Once you have the API key, you can add it to the SP Page Builder OpenStreetMap add-on settings and use these map styles.

Also, You need to put the API key on this area.

https://prnt.sc/69XUviK94wUQ

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

Log in to reply.