Google Font Loading Time - Question | JoomShaper

Google Font Loading Time

Laurent

Laurent

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi,

Do you know why google font loading time is so big ?

See here : http://prntscr.com/19on1pn

Thanks L.

24 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28468

Hello there,

After the next update, hopefully the font loading time will be reduced so that on-site experience can be smoother than ever. Helix Ultimate latest update will be available within a few days.

For the time being, thank you very much for your patience.

Have a nice day!

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24017

Hello there,

Please place the Google import code before the CSS, just after the html HEAD tag so that it can load before the css loading on the site. More often, for placing the code after the css, the Google font loads after the css finishes loading on the site which is called Render-blocking resource.

Thanks!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24018

Hi,

I'm not using Google import code. I have just seleced google font from Helix settings.

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24019

Hello Laurent,

Thanks for contacting with us. You can follow Muntasir's instruction and if you have time you can check this blog: https://johnfraney.ca/posts/2019/12/09/improve-page-speed-google-fonts/

-Regards

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24021

ok but I follow Muntasir's instruction, that implies modify helix sources files no?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24025

Hello Laurent,

You can change the html source code from templates > your templates > html, if you do, it won't change even after you update your template later.

However, if you change it from other sources, just have a backup of the changes you make so that after updating the template, you can replace the specific file so that you will get back the work you did in the past.

Thanks!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24026

OK I know this point. but in case of Helix template, where is located the default Google import code ?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24029

Hello there,

You will find the code here - templates/shaper_helixultimate/webfonts/webfonts.json

Thanks!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24032

ok thanks

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24033

sorry but there is not webfonts folder :

see here : http://prntscr.com/19p35ok

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24698

any news?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24765

Hello there,

You are using Helix Ultimate, right?

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24796

yes. there is not webfonts folder

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24802

Hello there,

It has to be there. May be someone removed it accidentally. However, please install the template again and the folder will be there hopefully.

Thanks!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24925

The folder has not been removed accidentally, I never saw it on helix root folder. anyway, I have tried to resintall helix package and no webfonts folder has been added.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25067

do you know why this folder does not exist and not added after package reinstallation?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #25070

Hello there,

Would you mind sharing the template zip file with us in the Hidden Content area so that we can check the issue at our end and get back to you?

Thanks!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25074

OK I have added a link inside Hidden Content area to download the template ZIP. the link will expire soon.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25097

It has to be there. May be someone removed it accidentally. However, please install the template again and the folder will be there hopefully.

Hi Muntasir. Helix Ultimate has never had such a folder and file after installation. For the sake of interest, I checked the global search on five sites built on the basic Helix Ultimate. Not only in the template, but general in Joomla there is no such folder and such a file.

This folder and the file is only in the installation package.

Helix Ultimate 2.0 has this folder and file.

Hi Laurent. You can download Google fonts and install them locally, as custom fonts. In this case, in the template settings, do not forget to turn off all Google fonts.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25100

UPD. All sites that I checked received regular updates from version 1.0. There this folder did not exist. The folder appeared starting with version 1.1. I did not notice any problems associated with its absence. It turns out only a clean installation gives this folder, but the update does not give it.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25107

@Pavel : thanks for the feedback. but I think it's a pity to do that while the template offer the possibility to load it directly. but of course, performance will be better from local.

about webfonts folder , ok I'm no crazy so ;-)

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #27857

news : so is it a problem for webfonts folder ?

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28152

any news?

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28475

ok thanks for the feedback