Content Plugin Inside SP Page Builder Text Still Doesnt Work!? - Question | JoomShaper

Content Plugin Inside SP Page Builder Text Still Doesnt Work!?

Hrvoje Znaor

Hrvoje Znaor

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hello

Some content plugins doesnt work in sp page builder. How come that this feature still doesnt work in SP Page builder?

It's been already asked there: https://archive.joomshaper.com/forums/content-plugin-inside-pagebuilder But nothing happened. Btw. proposed workaround to use custom modules is not very time productive and it adds unecesarry clutter in modules if we need to have more than one.

Ultra easy solution is provided here: https://github.com/JoomShaper/SP-Page-Builder/issues/38

I solved my issue by following advice from above url: I created override for sppagebuilder text-addon in my template, but I wonder is there a reason why this is not added by default in SPPB?

Thanks, Regards

5 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25261

Ultra easy solution is provided here: https://github.com/JoomShaper/SP-Page-Builder/issues/38

Hi. Thank you for sending to this. I created a special custom addon for myself. I made it from Row HTML addon adding the line $output .= JHtml::_('content.prepare', $html);. But, I think with this need to be handle carefully. It is not known how one or another third-party component may behave in the SP Page Builder. With modules, I think it will work fine. But there are components without modules that allow you to use shortcode to output its content. It can break the site completely. It is necessary to test before using. I think for this reason, this is still not in standard addons.

No one developer or manufacturer in the right mind will release commercial products, the behavior of which is unpredictable. This can lead to significant financial and reputational losses.

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #25269

Hello Hrvoje Znaor,

Thanks for contacting with us. You can accept Pavel's answer. And @Pavel thanks for the information.

-Regards

Hrvoje Znaor
Hrvoje Znaor
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25295

Hi

I understand that this feature "might" pose a risk, but heck, almost everything poses a risk. Its risky to use CMS as well because someone could hack it. Why not use static html or css only! :)

IMHO, because that other people also asked for it, correct approach would be to implement it and turn it off by default in settings, so that advanced users could turn it on if needed.

Also, they said this: "note: In upcoming version, we will add plugins support for developer." More than three years ago. But it never happened.

And this: "We are working on SP Page Builder 4 now, I hope in that version it will be implemented, not sooner"

If this feature poses a risk, or slows down a system, why do they keep promissing that they will add it?

Regards

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #25297

Hello Hrvoje Znaor,

We will inform the developer team about the issue and will give you feedback.

-Regards

Hrvoje Znaor
Hrvoje Znaor
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #52832

Hi Long time no feedback :'(