Helix Update Wrecks Website - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Update Wrecks Website

PD

Peter Dowse

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

Updated the Helix Framework and it's overwritten many of the custom style preset colours and it's not taking on any of the custom.css style changes?

What's going on?

You will notice the hover of the menu is white, but should be the red colour in custom styles.

8 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #29490

Hello Dowse,

Our templates are not completely compatible yet with Joomla 4 or latest Helix Version. If you have any backup of your site, please restore it for a fully functional site as before. If not, please talk to your hosting provider and ask them to help you to roll back.

Our dev-team is working on the compatibility issue, the templates will be compatible soon. Whenever it's done, you can upgrade to the latest version. Till then thank you very much for your patience and for being with us.

Thanks!

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29516

WTF??????????

Excuse me if I sound a little frustrated, but why the hell would you roll out a new Helix verion if it's not compatible with any of your damn templates?

That's a serious misjudgement in the software release schedule.

Also, your own bloody blog post here states that helix 2.0 is Joomla 4 compatible and ready to use on live websites.

Which is it? It's not compatible or it is? It can't be both????

Telling paying clients to reinstate a backup of a site isn't good enough when you release documentation stating the release candidate is stable and ready to use on live websites, then when your code base breaks loads of sites (I noticed there are many many posts in the forum about this) - you scramble and tell people to run backups.

Surely you would have tested the latest version of helix on your templates before you released it? And if not, why the hell was it released?

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #29821

Hello there,

It's legit to be frustrated after the misunderstanding, we completely understand that.

The fact is, Helix Ultimate 2.x.x is Joomla 4 compatible, we have already announced that. But the templates based on the framework are not compatible yet. You can even see it on our site here. Every template is tagged with the Joomla 3 compatibility.

Framework compatibility has nothing to do with the templates compatibility to be honest, I am sorry to say that.

I hope you have a full site backup of your site. If yes, pleass restore that to go back to the previous version.

If you want to build a complete fresh site, you can use Helix Ultimate 2.x.x and Joomla 4 as these two are compatible with each other. However, we highly recommend not to update to Joomla 4 or even Joomla 3.10 if you already have an existing site based on any other templates we have except Helix Ultimate.

I hope you can understand the fact.

Thanks!

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29826

The main issue is that the helix ultimate 2 update comes through as an available update through the Joomla update centre.

Considering many web developers have clients that manage their own websites, they're going to simply click on this update and completly ruin their websites.

Judging by the amount of posts you've had in the forum about this very issue, my guess is many, many other people have done the same.

I've just spent the better part of an entire day backing up clients websites on the offchance they go in and make this update themselves.

Any word on when the current templates will be compatible with both Joomla 3.10 + and helix 2?

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30066

I share your frustration, pain, and disappointment. I wish I could get back to the previous version. Restoring a backup is not a great option for a busy ecommerce site.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #30092

Hello Peter,

Our dev-team is working on the templates compatibility and those will be released ASAP.

Apart from messing up the things, thank you very much for your patience and for being with us.

DT
Dorothy Tiedemann
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32337

Hello.

As an FYI, some of the changes I've experienced since upgrading to the latest version (Joomla v3.10.1 with Helix Ultimate v2.0.4):

1. "Custom Presets" does not work in template options. I had a black background for my menu bar and the upgrade changed the non-active menu title to "body text" color (found this using web developer tool in Safari Technology Preview), rather than using the color selected in Custom Presets. When I tried experimenting with different colors in Custom Presets, no color changes were dispayed/took effect. I had to turn off "Custom Presets" and use a template preset in order for my entire menu to display.

2. In addition to the hamburger also displaying "body text" color (invisible on black menu background), the off-canvas menu was not displaying the sub-menus. I played around, changing the menu and then changing it back again, to get it to work.

ML
Mike Lawson
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #153730

Glad I found this post....Im using J4 and just updated Helix to 2.0.18. And for some reason it still breaks all my preset styling and reverts back to the default styling...especially in my Header section and offcanvas menu. I have to make a backup of my css files before every update just to make sure I dont lose my custom styling.

If there is a workaround or a solution for this...Id love to know.