Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 & Joomla 3.10.1 -any Known Issues? - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 & Joomla 3.10.1 -any Known Issues?

AI

Alexander I.

Helix Framework 2 years ago

As stated here https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate/basic-info under "Technical Requirements", Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 is officially only compatible with Joomla 3.9.x

Are there any known issues with Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 when updating a Joomla 3.9 website to Joomla 3.10?

I wish to wait a few weeks before updating my Helix Ultimate websites from 1.1.4 to 2.0 but I do not want my Joomla sites to lag behind in updates.

Thanks, Alex

4 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #31827

Hello there,

We highly recommend you not to upgrade to the latest Joomla versions right now if you already have a live site. There can be several issues. You can go through the forum and you will surely find a good number of posts similar to this.

However, if you only have Helix Ultimate framework on your site, you can upgrade it to Helix Ultimate 2.x.x. This is not recommended if you have other templates as well in your site.

Thanks!

AI
Alexander I.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31831

No, we do not keep multiple templates on our sites since this is not best practice for security.

So, you recommend we upgrade now from Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 to 2.0.2? Will this migration work out-of-the box keeping the front end intact?

Thanks, Alex

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #32018

Hello there,

Before migrating to the upgraded version, make sure you have a full-site backup to ensure your site's safety.

If there's nothing else than the Helix Ultimate Framework, the front-end should be intact.

Thank you!

AI
Alexander I.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32024

Hi, ok we will proceed in this way.

Thanks, Alex