The Page Loads Very Slowly. Apparently A Problem With Font Awesome. - Question | JoomShaper

The Page Loads Very Slowly. Apparently A Problem With Font Awesome.

Rudolf Arlt

Rudolf Arlt

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

I have rebuilt a page in Joomla 4. Under Joomla 3 it loads very fast, under Joomla 4 very slow. The network analysis shows me that Fontawesome can not be loaded. i have built the template with Helix ultimate.

Site with Joomla4: https://rommel-haus.de Site with Joomla3: https://rommel-energiefreiheit.de

both have the same template

11 Answers
Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #38931

I have now simply deleted Helix and installed Astroid and see everything works great. That was the last time I tried it with Helix ultimate.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34111

Hi. For me, both sites are loaded equally slowly. You use not optimized images of unjustifiably large size. Preloder also slows down the site. The weight of these images can be reduced by 5 -6 times. And if you make resize, then weight can be reduced even more. About Font Awesome - did you anable it in template settings?

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34112

The Joomla4 page loads about 20 seconds, the Joomla3 page loads about 1.6 seconds. I have activated Font Awesome in the settings.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #34192

Hello Rudolf,

I hope you are doing well.

Apart from the font awesome, please use the optimized images and reduce the size, there are plenty of images on your site. After changing the images, check again and let us know.

Thanks!

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34281

I think the main problem is Font Awesome. I have the same page with Joomla 3 with exactly the same images (see the link in the first post) and it loads much faster. Also look at the network analysis, somehow the path for Font Awesome seems to be wrong.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34282

Hi. /media/vendor - is Joomla core folder. Joomla 4 has its own Font Awesome. I think it's Joomla 4 issue. Not related to template. Check with Cassiopea template

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34776

with Cassiopea template there is no error and the page loads in 1.07 seconds

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35273

you have no interest in helping me? I do not know what to do.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35286

you have no interest in helping me?

Hi. If your question is addressed to me, I can't help more without research. I am not a member of the joomshaper team. Expect response from one os Joomshaper support agents

O
OR-Marketing
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39937

I have the same problem.... the same images ... 6-8 seconds loading time after update (Joomla 4, Helix Ultimate & SpPB 3.80), before under one second... Font Awersome disabled --> work fine...

Rudolf Arlt
Rudolf Arlt
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40094

You can do that if you don't use Fontawesome. But in my case that would not have been a solution. As already written, I used another template builder and that works too.