Helix Ultimate 2.x Template Overrides - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate 2.x Template Overrides

S

Steve

Helix Framework 2 years ago

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/template-views-override

Does this mean this is where we have to override things now? Not in HTML? Have you created your own little eco system outside of Joomla Core?

Trying to do a simple login module override and keep getting

"require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();"

where I would normally expect code.

14 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35117

Hello Steve

We are not creating our own ecosystem. We have just changed the location. You can create overrides by following the documentation that you have shared.

Best regards

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35217

Point being, EVERY other component or module uses the core folder structure. But you guys have to be different.

You clearly don't have any issues at all with convoluting the **** out of everything. Little wonder why you can't seem to update something without breaking several others.

Sajeeb Ahamed
Sajeeb Ahamed
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35262

Hello Steve, You can override your components or whatever inside the HTML folder as before. We've just introduced a new system of overriding for the users so that the user's changes don't lose after the template update.

For example, we've created a template named xyz. You are now using the template. But you want to change one of the overrides of the com_content's file.

Now normally what will you do? You go to templates/xyz/html/com_content/the_file_name.php file and change that file, right?

After a few weeks, we've released a new version of the template v2 and you've updated to the new version, and you've noticed that the changes you've made before have gone. This is not what you are desiring.

For solving this problem, we've introduced a new system. In the new system, you have to write the only line of code at templates/xyz/html/com_content/the_file_name.php is -

require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();

and then go to templates/xyz/overrides/com_content/the_file_name.php and write your code there. And now if you update to the version v2 you will not lose your changes.

I hope, now you can understand the situation. Let me know if you have any further queries.

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35391

I am WELL AWARE of what an override is. The established procedure DOES EXACTLY THIS.

AGAIN - Point Being - Joomla 4 hasn't even been out a month (after 9 YEARS of development) and the very FIRST THING you guys do is diverge from the established procedures.

SO, EVERY OTHER component or module is supposed to work with the NORMAL override process, but you geniuses have decided in your infinite intelligence that you're going to do it different and **** Joomla or your users or anyone else.

Rather than going to the place where all the other overrides are created, I have to go to a file manager and manually do it. Why the hell am I paying you idiots to screw shit up?

STUPID.

YOU'VE CREATED YOUR OWN LITTLE ECO SYSTEM AND IT SUCKS. DUMBEST THING I'VE PAID FOR IN A LONG TIME.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35417

Simply create an override with a different name, not default.php. Since default.php is already inside Helix. The Helix Override System is created only for those cases when you need to override the already overriden in Helix. In all other cases, use the standard Joomla system and other file names than existing overrides in Helix.

Sajeeb Ahamed
Sajeeb Ahamed
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35448

Dear Steve, We are really sorry that you are not liking our system. But you will be wondered that many people love this. What exactly the problems you are facing by using this system? You are not going to edit your files using tempalte customizer, is that the only problem you are facing?

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35569

The PROBLEM is: Template Vendors who clearly give not one ounce of consideration or thought to what happens when they decide to do things their own way and not even TRY tro conform to the existing system.

WHO ARE YOU that you think it's not necessary AT ALL to attempt to utilize the existing methods - but rather create your very own. Short sighted. No concern or thought about what happens later.

How many issues is it going to cause down the road? You guys do NOT have a good track record for fixing things. Not even close. Correction: You're pretty good at finally finding the answer, but if you didn't create the problem to begin with, you're rarely hear from me.

I DO NOT PAY YOU nearly $300 a year for the "privilege" of being your guinea pig while you muddle through your code. The Fumbling you do on a regular basis costs me money and more importantly TIME. Bringing this to you guys as a protest ends in mealy-mouthed apologies and not one single attempt to make it right.

When you apologize for the inconvenience, but continue to do the things you have to apologize for invalidates the apology. "Sorry for the inconvenience" is a lie, or you'd do something different. It's just what you say to get out of the conversation.

Case in point: The 3 or 4 updates you had to scramble to put out in the last 3 weeks - each introducing an entirely new problem. Do you even HAVE a QA department?

Joomla 3 & 4 BOTH have a very competent override process. Works perfectly, unless you use Helix now. NOW, if you want to a SIMPLE OVERRIDE, you have to go somewhere else to do it a different way.

So, you've effectively BROKEN this process in favor of what? Yours?

THAT'S JUST IMBECILLIC

Dave
Dave
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57376

I agree 100% with Steve! They have a good series of templates and SP Page Builder is giving non technical users the possibility to easily deal with a page content. So they have been good in developing the builder and they create nice templates (most of them have very similar design) ... however on top of what you said, the support is terrible and their updates continually break websites.

F
Fabrice
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100476

I must say, Steve's got a point. I'm in the proces of overriding a simple com_content blog article and I have 3 rebounds of layouhelper ending up in an obscur require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate(); and can't find what's generating a simple css code line that I'd like to modify...

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100515

Hi Fabrice. Steve is wrong. He simply did not figure out or did not want to figure out how it works and why it was needed.

can't find what's generating a simple css code line that I'd like to modify...

If you want to override CSS, just use custom.css file. You do not need to make override of the article PHP file. This will not help you with CSS in any way.

It is always very useful to read documentation

L
Laetitia
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104090

hello, following an update, I have this code in several files, I do not understand or I have to writeThe file code? under the line of code?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #104091

Laetitia,

Please follow this documentation and remove your credentials from the post. Your credentials are visible to the post owner. If you need our help, then create a new post.

L
Laetitia
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104105

Ofi, I don't understand how to do it I don't know how to code... I just want to find my blog in its original state, I have been struggling for several days and no one is helping me

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #104827

Please create a new post. We will help you as much as we can.