Article Add-On To Show Only One Specific Joomla Article - Question | JoomShaper

Article Add-On To Show Only One Specific Joomla Article

FW

Frank Welskop

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for a way to show only the content of one specific Joomla article in the Article Add-On. Is there a way to do that? At the moment the Add-On only allows to show a list of all articles in a category.

And maybe it would also be possible to show the content of a Joomla article in the content field of the "Text Block" Add-On?

If there would be a way to do these two described things it would be very helpful.

Template I use: Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 on Joomla 3.10.2

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

Frank

5 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39163

Hi. Create an unique joomla tag and add it to the article. Then you can use displaing by tag option in Article addon.

And maybe it would also be possible to show the content of a Joomla article in the content field of the "Text Block" Add-On?

I doubt that it will ever be possible

FW
Frank Welskop
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39164

Ok, but I think it will then only show this specific article in the list and not the content of this article.

The problem, is that the users maintaining the website are only able to change the content of the site by editing articles within Joomla. And if it is not possible to show/use the content of Joomla articles in the Helix Framwork I think this framework coud not be used in that case. So I think with using the Helix Ultimate Framework I will loose a lot of the flexibility that Joomla offers, because most of the things is fixed within the pages build with Helix Ultimate and SP Page Builder Pro.

And I don't want the users to use SP Page Builder Pro to change content on the web page.

Frank

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39165

Hi,

there is a module "HD-ArticleMod" (hyde-design.co.uk) that enables you to display a single Joomla 3.x article. You can use it inside Module Addon or in classic way in a module position.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39173

So I think with using the Helix Ultimate Framework I will loose a lot of the flexibility that Joomla offers

I do not see any connection. Helix Ultimate Framework allows you to do all the same as any other template. That you are tallking about does not belong to the functionality of any template. This applies only to SP Page Builder, which is not part of Helix Ultimate. This is a separate independent component. And SP Page Builder is not intended for the blog. In SP PB you can only displayed some articles in the static page through the Article addon.

If you were not used SP Page Builder, you would use standard Joomla things. Helix Ultimate does not limit it in any way and you can use Joomla standart tools for blog instead of SP Page Builder. Using SP Page Builder for blog as a whole is not the right solution.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 8 months ago #126210

Extra update!

For Joomla 4.3 you can download mentioned module also from here:

mod_articlemod_j4fixed.zip

1. It's not our (joomshaper) module! It was made by Hyde-Design UK.
  2. Yes, it's a free module, license: GNU General Public License.
  3. It can display whole article OR only intro if "read more" tag was used inside article content.
  4. It doesn't display SPPB content, only raw Article content, without article title.
  5. It works inside Helix Ultimate based templates. It should also in Helix3 in module position(s).
  6. Can be used in Module addon (SPPB 5.0.x tested!).

info_1374_2023.gif