Can I assign a Dynamic Article Detail Page only to specific Joomla article categories? - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied SP Page Builder Joomla 6 v6.1.0 pro

Can I assign a Dynamic Article Detail Page only to specific Joomla article categories?

Asked by Renzo 1 hour ago Last activity 52 minutes ago

When I use Joomla Articles with the SP Page Builder Joomla Article integration, I can create a Dynamic Article Detail Page.

I would like to use a custom Dynamic Article Detail Page only for articles inside specific Joomla categories, for example:

  • Documentation → VisionEnterprise
  • Documentation → GFI Kerio
  • Documentation → MailStore
  • Documentation → Macrium

At the same time, I need other Joomla article categories, such as “News and notices”, to continue using their existing/default Joomla article layout.

I found the global setting:

Choose Article Details Page Layout

but it appears to apply to all Joomla articles.

I expected to be able to assign the Dynamic Article Detail Page only to selected Joomla categories.

I tried creating a Dynamic Article Detail Page and testing it with Joomla Articles, but I cannot find any category-specific assignment option.

My questions are:

  1. Can a Dynamic Article Detail Page be assigned only to specific Joomla article categories?
  2. If not, what is the recommended way to use different article detail layouts for different Joomla categories while keeping Joomla routing and breadcrumbs?
  3. Can Joomla Custom Fields be used inside the Dynamic Article Detail Page for values such as:
    • Last updated
    • Guide type
    • External/download link managed by another Joomla component

Environment:

  • Joomla 6.1.4
  • SP Page Builder Pro 6.1.0
  • Helix Ultimate 2.2.10

Thank you.

1 reply

Atick Eashrak Shuvo Staff

Hello,

Thank you for contacting JoomShaper Support.

Currently, the Choose Article Details Page Layout setting applies globally to all Joomla articles. It is not possible to assign a Dynamic Article Detail Page exclusively to specific Joomla article categories.

Therefore, selecting a Dynamic Article Detail Page will affect all Joomla articles, rather than only the categories you mentioned.

We understand your requirement to use different article layouts for specific categories while keeping the default Joomla article layout for others. We appreciate you sharing these details with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Log in to reply.