Helix Ultimate2 VS Helix3, What is The Difference? - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate2 VS Helix3, What is The Difference?

S

sky

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Is Helix3 an upgrade ver of Helix Ultimate 2?

11 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #48608

Hello

Thank you for your query. No, Helix 3 is not an upgraded version of Helix ultimate 2.

Helix Ultimate 2.0 is a full-fledged, standalone Joomla Template, while Helix 3 Helix3 is a very popular Joomla! 3 template framework with predefined features and options that you can use for faster template development.

You can kindly check out the documentation link below, it will help you to understand the differences in detailes between Helix ultimate 2 and Helix 3.

Helix 3: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix3/what-is-helix3

Helix Ultimate 2: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/introduction

Please do let me know if there is any confusion.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #48621

Hi SKy,

Is Helix3 an upgrade ver of Helix Ultimate 2?

In general no, those are different templates. Even now after the last Helix3 update. They use different folders and plugins.

Rahi
Rahi
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141158

Hi,

I had the same question which you have answered here. Thank you for that.

I have 2 questions -

Q #1: For longer run and faster website, do you recommend Helix Ultimate 2? Because for Helix3 you have mentioned that for new webstie you don't recommend it.

Q#2: Is Helix Ultimate 2 complete free or there is pro version of it?

I need to know the answer before I start installing and working on Helix Ultimate 2

Thank you,

Rahi

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141164
  1. Yes, Helix Ultimate 2.0.18+ only that is fully supported, regulary improved etc.
  2. Yes, 100% free for private and commercial use

Extra tip! We do not recommend keeping plugins: Helix3 and Helix Ultimate both enabled on that same Joomla, it may cause some minor problems. If you decided to use HU, at least disable all Helix3 plugins.

Rahi
Rahi
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141171

Thanks Paul!

BB
Bil Blo
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151054

Helix Ultimate 2 or Helix 3. Which one would be wiser to use when building new websites? Which product has more reliable support for new Joomla versions? There's always trouble with redesigning the layout when Joomla updates...

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151064

@Bill, The answer is very simple. Use template framework that is NEW, not old and gets only urgent updates.

HELIX ULTIMATE - should be your choice.

BB
Bil Blo
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151077

I thought that Helix 3 is newer - 3 is a bigger number than 2 (Helix Ultimate 2) :)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151131

always read Helix documenation + changelog, we have that info.

You're welcome.

I
isemc
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #154086

Hello, I have the same problem, my website is Helix 3, I want to upgrade it to HELIX ULTIMATE, how should I upgrade? Direct coverage?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 weeks ago #154093

Those are completly two different templates, so no "one-click-upgrade".

You have to set Helix Ultimate from zero (looking at older settings), and then uninstall all Helix3 plugins. Otherwise you may have small mess.