Gazette Incompatibilty With Sp Builder 3.8.3 - Question | JoomShaper

Gazette Incompatibilty With Sp Builder 3.8.3

IL

Intelligent Media LTD

Template 2 years ago

Hi there, We have a v.2.0.1 Gazette website and when we try to upgrade to SP builder 3.8.3 the Gazette specific Articles Slides and Articles Vertical slider add-ons break up. Is there supposed to be an update on the Gazette template that will fix this issue?

To be honest, in the template page, we have some unchecked overrides https://pasteboard.co/Me17oexDnfrN.jpg, but we haven't proceeded with checking them out of fear of breaking the site up. Do you think that this might be the problem?

Lastly, do you think it is safe to upgrade to Helix ultimate 2.0.7 from 2.0.6 for this setup?

Thanks in advance.

34 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60775

Please check now. Thanks

vertical_slideshow.zip

This file i have replaced on this file location

/templates/shaper_gazette/sppagebuilder/addons/articles_vertical_slider/site.php

-Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #59875

An update. I cloned the website and checked all the unchecked template updates. Nothing special happened and I proceeded with updating Helix Ultimate from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7. Again, all went well.

I then proceeded with updating SP builder from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3 and the issue with the Gazette specific add-ons (Articles Slides and Articles Vertical slider), reappeared, as seen before on the production site. See image in the hidden section.

As expected, I got console errors on the owl and jquerymin.js files as follows.

OWL.MIN.JS ERRORS

12owl.carousel.min.js:1

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'clone')
at e.run (owl.carousel.min.js:1:3005)
at Object.i [as run] (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757)
at e.update (owl.carousel.min.js:1:7517)
at e.<anonymous> (owl.carousel.min.js:1:17549)
at i (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757)

9owl.carousel.min.js:1

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'clone')
at e.run (owl.carousel.min.js:1:3005)
at Object.i [as run] (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757)
at e.update (owl.carousel.min.js:1:7517)
at e.<anonymous> (owl.carousel.min.js:1:17549)
at i (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757)

JQUERY.MIN.JS ERRORS

jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2 

Uncaught TypeError: a(...).find(...).andSelf is not a function
at c.<anonymous> (owl.carousel.min.js:2:7592)
at HTMLDivElement.i (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757)
at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:43064)
at HTMLDivElement.v.handle (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:41048)
at Object.trigger (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:71515)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:72110)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:3003)
at S.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:1481)
at S.fn.init.trigger (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:72086)
at e.trigger (owl.carousel.min.js:1:22366)

It seems that the new SP builder version messes up these files somehow. That is where my technical grasp of the matter ends.

Please, provide an answer and a fix ASAP.

Thank you

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60121

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60153

Hi there and thanks for the reply.

In the hidden section, I provide the Super User credentials on the website clone I've set up. For the scope of checking the Gazette 2.0.1 vs. SP Builder 3.8.3 incompatibility issue mentioned, it makes no difference whether you are on the live site or on the clone one. Behavior is the same.

Feel free to upgrade SP builder in order to examine the Article Slider and Article Vertical Slider add-ons break up on the home page. I have taken a backup.

Thanks and I await for your response.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60256

Administrator URL doesn't open login panel. Will you please check your end and let me know. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60521

Sorry about that, there was a mistyping. In the hidden section, I provide the correct link.

Thanks again.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60636

I have checked your site but no problem found. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60669

Sorry, but I think that you did not get the issue. You did not upgrade SP page builder.

For your convenience, I upgraded SP page builder from 3.8.2 to 3.8.5 and as you can see on the home page, the Article Vertical Slider broke down.

I have to say though that the article slider did not break up as happened with the upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3. Therefore, you fixed something there.

Waiting for your response.

Best regards.

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60820

Many thanks for the solution.

Should we expect a template update that will solve this and other possible issues?

Best regards,

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60838

Let me know if you other site also have this issue. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #61289

Hi there,

we only have one site with Gazette (see hidden). You fixed the issue in a demo clone of that site.

What I am basically asking is if your roadmap includes a Gazette update that will solve issues "out-of-the-box", without having to tamper with the template in a manual way. In other words, for the template to be compatible with the latest SP page builder version.

Thanks.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #61310

This site doesn't have problem. We will release the update soon. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #66000

Hi there,

regarding the issue resolved above, we faced additional issues when we tried to apply the solution to our live website. In order for you to have a complete understanding of the issue, please consider the following:

1. We have a staging website which was taken as a copy of the live site.
  2. We made all Joomla and other updates besides the SP page builder update, which you will find in the 3.8.2 version. We skipped the update for you to see its effects first-hand.
  3. Joomla is at its latest version.
  4. If you try to update SP page builder, various things are going wrong in the home page and all SP builder pages. More specifically, add-ons functionalities and width issues. A list of the pages to examine after updating is provided in the hidden section. Please look into them.
  5. The way the staging website is right now (without updating the builder but once we updated the Joomla to its latest version), two specific SP builder pages mentioned below, are missing the row background photo. We identified a rooting issue for the image.
  6. It seems that native Joomla pages (blog layouts, etc) are not affected.

In the hidden section, we provide all available information.

We have to say that facing issues with the template and modules whenever we try to update, is something that is really disturbing and not allowing us to realize the potential of the template and builder. I feel that Gazette needs a major update in order for these issues to dissipate.

Waiting for your response.

Best regards,

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #66099

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. I think you shared a wrong credential of your staging site. Will you please check & let me know.

-Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #66207

Hi there,

I checked the credentials and they work fine. In the hidden section I repeat them in a clearer manner.

If you have an issue please tell me if you get blocked on the frontgate credentials or on the temporary super admin credentials.

Thx.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #66267

I have updated Page Builder and Updated some files. Please check now.

templates/shaper_gazette/sppagebuilder/addons/articles_vertical_slider/site.php

templates/shaper_gazette/js/owl.carousel.min.js

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #66416

Thank you Toufiq for your prompt response.

It seems that the add-ons and width issues have been resolved. I'll have my team take a look at the changes and validate them. In order to get the process right, do you suggest that we make the updates on the live site and copy the affected .php and .js files that you refer to?

Nevertheless, the issue with the row background images at the top of the pages I provide in the hidden section, still remains. Could you take a look into that, too?

On a more general note, do you feel that we are going to face similar issues with future SP builder or Joomla updates? If so, wouldn't it be proper for you to release a template update instead of tweaking things every time?

Best regards,

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #66434

At the same time don't use both compression settings. I mean that, if you use page builder production mode feature then ignore to use template css and js compression settings. Now i just disabled page builder production mode. It works fine now. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69225

Hi again, we tried to apply the solution you suggested to our live site to no avail.

Our last resort is to provide you with a Super Admin temporary password in order for you to apply on the live site what you applied on our staging site. In the hidden section, I also provide the current state of the website in terms of versions. It is our goal to reach the latest versions of Joomla, Helix and Page Builder.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69275

What's the problem in your live site? And maybe you forgot to share live site URL.

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69460

Sorry for not being clear.

The issue is the same that we face from the beginnning of this thread. The update of Joomla and SP Builder breaks the width of SP Builder pages, plus it breaks the top modules in the home page. Previously, I provided you with the staging URL and you solved the issues (see above).

What we tried to do is to apply the solution you suggested (and implemented in the staging site) but we failed. That's why I provided you with temp admin access on the live site, so you can make the same changes there. Again, the scope is to reach the latest versions for Joomla, SP builder and Helix.

I provide the admin access link in the hidden section plus the credentials.

Thanks in advance.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69602

Joomla administrator access doesn't work

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69664

New set of credentials. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The first level credentials are given above.

Thanks.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69792

Are you talking about front end editing issue?

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69794

Hi there,

I do not know that there is such an issue. To be clear, what we need is to upgrade to the latest Joomla, SP Builder and Helix versions. When we do that, I know that we face to issues for sure.

1. The width of the SP Builder pages gets messed up. (example https://rawmathub.gr/%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE%CE%BC%CE%B9%CF%83%CE%B7-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%BF-rawmathub-gr). Also, at some point the row background top image was getting lost due to routing issues, but I do not know if this remains.
  2. The Home Page top sliders that are Gazette-specific break up.

I would suggest that you get a backup with the appropriate component present in the website (so you can restore) and try to update Joomla, SP Builder and Helix. I am sure that you will see the above issues that need to be resolved.

I am at our disposal.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69883

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70001

Hi there,

I just tested it and it works fine. I provide the full access info below for clarity.

Thank you

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #70028

Please check now. Thanks

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70042

You fixed it (ignore my previous mail, we were cached).

To sum it up. You have upgraded to 3.8.6 SP Builder.

Can you try also to upgrade Joomla 4.0.6 to 4.1.4 and Helix from 2.0.6 to 2.0.9?

When we tried to do it we still got issues with the home page add ons.

Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #70045

Wait for the template update for Helix Ultimate 2.0.9.

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70136

Thanks for your efforts,

In order to understand.

1. Can I upgrade to the latest Joomla version? Is it safe?
  2. When will the template update will come out so we can upgrade to the latest Helix version, too?

Best regards,

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #70183

Hold on for the template update.

IL
Intelligent Media LTD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #70505

Hi there,

I understand what you say but holding on for a template upgrade that will allow us to upgrade Joomla has to have a timeframe. Please consult with your development team and come back to me with an expected release date.

I do not feel safe not upgrading Joomla and I think this is true for anybody.

Best regards.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #70561

You can update latest version of Joomla. But, have to wait for the helix compatible update. Cause, We are working on Page Builder 4. That's why we need time. Thanks