Helix Ultimate Framework 2.0.6+ Causes FaLang Menu Translation Issue - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Ultimate Framework 2.0.6+ Causes FaLang Menu Translation Issue

P

Pieter

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi! We've recently discovered that Version 2.0.6 of Helix Ultimate Framework breaks compatibility with FaLang. Specifically, the menu's are not being translated anymore. Reverting back to the 2.0.5 template doesn't fix the issue unfortunately, as the Framework isn't downgraded to 2.0.5, but remains at the latest version.

Any ideas how to fix this short term en fix compatibility longer term?

13 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69193

Thanks for your feedback, guys. We will release the update this week.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68967

Hello Pieter

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68977

Thanks Ofi, I have put the details below.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68990

Thanks for the access. Please explain the issue. Share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68993

Hi Ofi,

On the front-end, the menu items (which have been translated with FaLang) don't change to their respective language when you change language on the front end. This is happening when upgrading from 2.0.5 to a later version. I will share some info below.

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69092

Any update on the matter?

G
gourou
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69098

I guess not before september

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69111

It seems that the Joomshaper team has found the solution to the problem of multilingual sites. Please go through this thread and check

https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/12041

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69119

Publishing a template for each language is no option and no solution. It's just an annoying work-around that is impossible to administer. We run dozens of multi-lingual sites.

Thanks for pointing me to that other thread though: I tried searching for related problems but couldn't find any. Turns out this problem has been lingering around for 7 months now. There's a reason we have a company policy never to update to an X.0 version of anything. Tried to make a different choice now, but the policy was right...

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69122

@Pieter, A template style for each language, with the corresponding menu, is the way all commercial templates work, correct me if I'm wrong. If I haven't updated anything in helix ultimate for a year, each update breaks something :( that's why I'm angry with them

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69123

There was no need to publish multiple languages before when using FaLang. We've been using FaLang for many years and Helix for 4 years now. Never did we have to do that before.

And you're right about the updates breaking stuff. I've actually become very reluctant updating Joomshaper products. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", seems to be the answer to working with Joomshaper. ;-)

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69435

Thanks for speeding this up Ofi. I can confirm the issue is now fixed for version 2.0.9 and J4.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69437

You are welcome and thank you so much for the confirmation.