Front End Editor is Not Saving Edits - Question | JoomShaper

Front End Editor is Not Saving Edits

Greg Owens

Greg Owens

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Front End Editor is not saving edits after making a text change, then click on Save and nothing happens. Usually there is a Spinner that appears over the save button and it no longer does save and the only option is to close the front end editor.

I am now having a similar experience/behavior as my issue when this first happened about 5-6 Months ago on a different domain name. There is a ticket I posted about this and is where I posted this earlier earlier today in that older ticket that was closed 5-6 months ago however the domain is a different one now than what I originally posted months ago.

**The issue 5 months ago was that Mod_Security was turned on. An Exception was made and it resolved the issue amost imeadieatly. I have since checked with my hosting provider to make sure that a Mod_Security exception rule is in place as of yesterday afternoon. I wanted to make sure before posting to save time.

I am using Joomla! 4.1.3 Stable [ Kuamini ] 10-May-2022 16:00 GMT SP JoomShaper Pro version 3.8.6 PHP Version 7.4.29

**Steps to Reproduce the behavior are as follows:

**Navigate in your browser to https://www.mydomain.com/administrator/index.php See domain name in Hidden area for JoomShaper Support.

**Login with the credentials: located in hidden area for JoomShaper Support and Click on login.

This will take you to the Home Dashboard of the Joomla 4.1.3 version of the site. Note This website is one of the Websites that I have requested a Mod Security exception rule for this Domain in a previous ticket that is closed sometime last year in Nov 2021. (The reason for the Rule is because edits within JoomShaper Pro require this exception so that edits would be saved). After the exception rule was made, I had no issues saving edits. Before the exception I could not save edits. **On the left hand side of the Dashboard, the 3rd menu item down you will see the Components Menu. Click on Components and the sub menu will appear.

Click on SP Page Builder Pro towards the bottom it's the 3rd menu from the bottom. The menu will expand down, and Pages will be displayed. Click on Pages This brings up the listing of web pages that have been created in SP Page Builder Pro.

**Scroll down to find the page titled COMPARE. As you scroll down, each page has two (2) links titled (Preview and Front End Editor). 10 Click on Front End Editor link that has a blue background. When you do a new tab will open up that page. Since the website is password protected,... you will login again with the above credentials as listed in #2 Step above.

**Enter the Login information, You might need to enter the credentials twice before it lets you move forward to show the page. Below the image at the top of the COMPARE page, there is a Heading that states the following: Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent .

**Move your mouse / hover over the words, Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent. When you do this, a GREEN BOX will appear, If you move off of the words listed above the green box will disappear.

**With you mouse hovered over the green box, a menu appears that has the edit button in the shape of a pencil.

**Click on the green Pencil Icon. It is the second icon from the left. A edit menu will appear and you will see the text Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent Make an edit to this at the far right by typing the word "Test" to the end / right of the word Agent. It should now read as follows: (Benefits Of Selling Your Home Directly Vs Paying An Agent Test) over on the page to the right. All is well so far at this time. Look at the bottom of the menu screen on the left, you will see a Blue button with the word Save on it to save the edit that you just made.

Since I've tried this in Google Chrome, and FireFox. The behavior that I see causes the page to go a blank white page that says Restricted Access in the upper left of the blank white page, with the URL that says the following: https://www.mydomain.com/component/sppagebuilder/?id=15. Please note, this happened one time and I've not been able to reproduce it. This behavior is idiopathic, meaning I've only seen this when typing out these steps. There is a session timer it seems that if you take too long to make an edit or move your mouse, YOU WILL be logged out of the backend Dashboard and the tab Frontend Editor page of COMPARE. iF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU, then good for you. I put this in as a side bar for observation should it happen to you. Please note, If you wait too long to Save you WILL BE LOGGED out of both the Administrative backend and the Front End that lets you make edits in real time aka the Visual Editor on the Front End and Back End. Thus, you will be required to login again and navigate back all over again. Seems like the session is timing out very quickly, Normally you have about 5 minutes to make an edit. Normally.... I save very often to circumvent the session timeout. its frustrating to say the least.

**The normal behavior is for a rotating spinner to appear over the Save Button. It is no longer appearing (the rotating spinner), any longer when the Save is clicked. Now, the page just sits there. The only thing to do at this juncture is to click on the Close Button. and When you do, the Front End Tab of COMPARE of your browser page Tab will close, The edit of adding the word Test, will be observed as not being saved to this page. if you go back to the URL of the domain name, click on COMPARE in the Menu. The backend dashboard is still open that shows the pages of the website within SP PageBuilder Pro in the Admin dashboard. If you click on any other area with the Backend Dashboard, you will be logged out.

***Please note The following information is from a ticket I made yesterday 15-5-2022 to verify that the Mod_Security Rules were indeed made for all of my domains that have SP JoomShaper Pro installed. This is the following info I submitted to them to verify the changes were still intact.

This is why I "think" a Mod Security Rule may be in question for this Domain as well as my other customers websites that have JoomShaper Pro installed. Should the Mod Security Rule "exception" be intact I need to know so that I can present this issue with the Developers at JoomShaper.com/forum or Helpdesk. This has happened in the past with ALL websites that Have SP JoomShaper Pro installed in my reseller environment, Making request to have an exception rule to Mod security immediately fixed this issue in the page and as noted in previous closed ticket for this domain as well as others.

There are 4 closed Tickets with Mod Security exeptions for other domains that have SP JoomShaper Pro installed, The tickets are Requsting that exception Rules for Mod Security be made for different domains. For the last several months there have not been any issues with any of these other domains for a long time. The Exception rules have been and are working.

**My Hosting provider confirmed with the Following: See in Hidden Content

3 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69187

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check now.

Note: Disabled js compression from template settings.

-Thanks

Greg Owens
Greg Owens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69209

Thank you Toufiq! I appreaciate you! All is well.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #69235

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/