Contact form: Translation of fields (multilingual). - Forum | JoomShaper
Solved SP Page Builder

Contact form: Translation of fields (multilingual).

Asked by Joonchen 4 years ago Last activity 1 year ago

Hello there,

I'm building a contact page with SPPB v3.8.7 (Joomla v4.1.5). See here: https://mariannedillmann.com/index.php/espanol/contacto. The page is set to Spanish, but the contact form fields are being shown only in English. The same happens with the contact form in German (https://mariannedillmann.com/index.php/deutsch/kontakt).

Please:

  1. How can I translate the fields "Name", "Email", etc. to Spanish and German?
  2. When clicking on the "Send Message" button, a short confirmation text appears. Again, only in English. How can I translate it to Spanish and German?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted answer

Marked as the solution
Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

If I may...

With Contact form it request language phrases override as you noticed,
but if you would decide to use Form Builder addon - then you have to translate phrases inside fields. For each language different addon (clone).

6 more replies

Joonchen Asked this

Brilliant Rashida, the Language Override did the trick! Thanks again!

Rashida Rahman Staff

Hi Joonchen,

Glad that it helped:)

You may accept the most useful answer in order to close the post.

Have a nice day!

Joonchen Asked this

Thanks Paul!

Both solutions (Rashida's and yours) are perfectly working. I'm opting for your alternative though as its a little bit easier than the Language Overrides. Anyway, THANKS to both of you!

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Rashida Rahman Staff

Hi Joonchen,

Glad to know that and You are always welcome:)

Have a nice day!

glenanPL

Hello,
I'm using version 5.5.1 of SP Page Builder for a French site.
The send button is marked “Send a message”.
The translation string is “Envoyer le message”!
I forced the substitution but it's still the same, even though the other items are in French Nom (name) Sujet.
The override works for the phone...
What can I do?
Sincerely
NB: The link to the tips has changed and is https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/how-to-tips/#how-to-translate-contact-addon

Rashida Rahman Staff

Hi glenanPL,

Sorry for the late response. Is your issue still happening? If yes, kindly post a new question with all the necessary information. We will look into it.

Best Regards

Log in to reply.