Internal Error 500 After Install Or Migrate To J4 - Question | JoomShaper

Internal Error 500 After Install Or Migrate To J4

Lemark ltd

Lemark ltd

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I did 2 test, one was install from scratch on one test domain full new version of J4 then install Helix and SP (pro) All works exept when you click on tab "Page" or "Maintenance", both send me to this 500 internal error.. Then I did the second test, upgrade from Joomla3 to J4 on other test website, I had all the warning exactly like 11 months ago where said the SP isnt compatible with J4. But I did anyway and again the same 500 internal error on the same Tabs "Pages" & "Documentation" How to fix it? I have a lot websites to migrate. Thanks

11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77637

Hi,

In general 500 internal error can be caused by many reasons. For sure SPPB Pro 3.8.7 work correctly on Joomla 4.1.5 - tested by many users, and me.

1. What template name you have / version?
  2. Do you have any module or plugin that is not Joomla 4 ready. To be sure disable those extra extensions that you are not sure, and check again. This is also common reason.
  3. PHP version? It's better to check first on PHP 7.4 then switch to PHP 8.0.x.
Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #77653

Hi Paul. As I mention, I test with a brand new installation, without any other plugin or components, with the same exactly problems. 1 - Template Shaper_helixultimate (no other Joomshaper Template) I build my own site without templates 2 - Only I have in the Migration Webstie is Akeeba Backup what is ok with J4 3 - PHP Ver. 7.4.30

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77654
  1. Check: error_log file in your root folder / server . what kind of errors you have inside?

2. Is Helix Ultimate plugin enabled?

3. Check also using Joomla default template.

Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #77820

1 - do not show me any error.. just blank file 2 - Yes 3 - I did, same problem (the front view is working in all the cases, the problem is in the admin)

https://artnailmarianna.com/video/errorsp.mp4

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77823

ABout left broken menu - this module should be disabled/uninstalled, it was created for Joomla 3.x only. Just find "SP Page Builder Menu" in list of Admin modules - OFF.

Read tip 15. from >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-3/troubleshooting#how-to-remove-pagebuilder-menu-in-joomla-4-admin-area

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77824

Please check point "4. PHP configuration" > https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-3/basic-information-requirements

PHP memory_limit =  256M (512M suggested)
PHP max_execution_time = 180 (300 suggested)

Compare with yours ! Correct if you have lower values in cPanel.

Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #77946

Ok the fisrt step done, disable the menu. Ok

Second post: Allow Url Fopen (allow_url_fopen) - ON (is correct) PHP memory_limit = 128M (512M suggested) (is correct 512 set) PHP max_execution_time = 180 (300 suggested) (is correct 300 set) PHP upload_max_filesize = 5M or more (is correct 128 set) cURL library - your server must work with curl or url_fopen. (is correct) OpenSSL must be enabled. ( where is?) PHP file_get_contents() function must be available/unlocked. (where is?) In this last 2 points I just already ask to my Hosting privider to set it

Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78007

update:

OpenSSL must be enabled. ( DONE is enabled now)

PHP file_get_contents() function must be available/unlocked. (where is?)

• Answer from my HP: filegetcontents() This function is similar to file(), except that filegetcontents() returns the file in a string, starting at the specified offset up to length bytes. On failure, filegetcontents() will return false. filegetcontents() is the preferred way to read the contents of a file into a string. It will use memory mapping techniques if supported by your OS to enhance performance.*
Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #79661

well? I still have the problem.. I need this probelm be fixed.. I pay my pro suscription since 2016/17 and I need it to work

WN
Wolfgang Naber
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #81470

I have exactly the same problem and would be very interested in a solution.

Lemark ltd
Lemark ltd
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94064

Any news?