Error After Order In Virtuemart: Default Layout File is Not Exists! Please Goto To Template Manager And Create A New Layout First. - Question | JoomShaper

Error After Order In Virtuemart: Default Layout File is Not Exists! Please Goto To Template Manager And Create A New Layout First.

Kurt Wündsch

Kurt Wündsch

Template 1 year ago

Hi Joomshaper Team!

I got an Error after an order in Virtuemart. ERROR: Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first.

Joomla 3.10.11 Virtuemart 4.0.6 Helix Ulitmate Template

What can I do to solve the Problem?

7 Answers
Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93611

With Beez3 it works. That I checked before i contact you. It´s in my Heluix Ultimat Template

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #93621

Hi there!

Sorry for your experience.

Can we have your admin access to check the issue, please?

Best Regards

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93624

Send it in the hidden comment.. :)

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93841

Dear Joomshaper team

I'm also researching the issue here and found the following:

1. The problem lies in the Virtuemart payment methods. If you create these, it works, if you open them again to configure them, the system writes the settings to the database.
  2. The settings are stored in the "[PREFIX]_virtuemart_paymentmethods" table - "payment_element" field.
  3. The first time you create the status_pending="" is set. When configuring, this changes to status_pending="U".

And it is precisely this pending status that causes the error "Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first."

If you set this manually via the database to status_pending="" everything works again under Helix Ultimate Template.

Did the test with Beez3, with this template it always works without errors.

I hope this information helps with troubleshooting, as the error can be reproduced by saving/configuring a payment method again

Hope the setting/bug in the Helix Ultimate system is found. Thank you very much

Greetings Kurt

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94240

Hi Joomshaper Team! Have you any idea to solve my problem?

Thanks a lot! Rgds Kurt

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94531

Hi Joomshaper Team!

Virtemart Update 4.0.8 solve the Problem with the Helix Ulitmate Tempalte after Checkout. Thanks for Help Rgds Kurt

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #94649

Hi Kurt,

Really glad that your issue has been solved already and thanks for letting us know about your experience:)

Have a nice day!