Default Layout File is Not Exists! Please Goto To Template Manager And Create A New Layout First. - Question | JoomShaper

Default Layout File is Not Exists! Please Goto To Template Manager And Create A New Layout First.

C

copycat

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi,

After updating to Joomla 3.10 and Helix ultimate 2.0 i got this error when opening home page:

Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first.

Amy idea?

17 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28607

Hello there,

That's what I actually I wanted to say. We have already checked the issue and didn't find anything similar to this.

Please, install Joomla core files again and clear the browser and Joomla cache. However, have you followed all the steps of updating Joomla? If not, please follow the documentation and follow the steps.

You are requested to close the chat by accepting the most suitable answer so that others can find the solution easily as well.

Thanks!

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28600

Hello there,

Please share a screenshot of the exact problem you are facing so that we can understand the situation better.

Thanks!

C
copycat
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28602

Hi,

It seems this is not related to Helix Ultimate. I tried to switch to Joomla default template and error is still there..

I'll try to reinstall Joomla core files..

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28947

Hi. I faced the same problem. In my case, only HU did not work. Protostar and Beez worked fine. The reason was Advanced Template Manager.

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29965

Thanks for this @Pavel this really helped me.

Does this need reported to the developer?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #29979

Thanks for this @Pavel this really helped me.

Hi. You are wellcome.

Additional information, for those who face this problem: the problem is not only about the fault of Advanced Template Manager. But in the case before the upgrade you have had multiple template styles linked to different pages. To solve the problem, you need to go to the template's menu binding settings, remove all selections, save, re-select, save. For the default template style - select everything, save, remove the selection, save.

T
Tomas
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30825
T
Tomas
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #30992

The solution is not to update "System - Helix Ultimate Framework" site plugin. For me it stops working when I update from version 1.1.4 to 2.0.2. You can update Joomla core including all extensions to the latest version except this plugin.

If you are updating the Helix Framework, then you need to disable the Advance Template Manager. You can choose what is more important to you, or wait for a new version of the Helix template where they fix it. For me it is Advance Template Manager.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32815

I have the same problem and I do not have the Advanced Template Manager installed.

It is related to Helix Ultimate (current version 2.0.4). Another Template (VMBeez) works. My Shop is called via a menu VirtueMart Category Layout. But Helix expects a SP Page, but there is no such a page. That is why the layout of the page is not found. The message

"Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first." refers to the missing page layout; this looks like a Helix Bug.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32827

My Shop is called via a menu VirtueMart Category Layout. But Helix expects a SP Page, but there is no such a page. That is why the layout of the page is not found.

Hi. If it had a relation to the menu item, you would receive 404 page. So you are mistaken.

Just make a reselection associate menu items in the template settings and save it. Read my post above.

This is not a bug. Just new features appeared, about which the database of your site knows nothing. Therefore, you just need to make reselection, clean the cache and save.

Hope your template is Helix Ultimate Free. Because premium templates based on Helix Ultimate are not ready to update.

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32833

Thanks, I will try it. But I don't understand quite well what to reselect.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32857

template styles > shaper_helixultimate > Snap to menu

O
OCRAM
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32864

That worked, thank you!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32868

You are wellcome

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93604

Hi! I have the Same Problem with Joomla 3.10.11 and Virtuemart 4.0.6 with Helix Ulitmate.

Can you help me tio find the Problem in my Template? Error after Order: Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first.

Thanks for help

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #93606

Hello Kurt Wündsch,

Kindly, open a new question with necessary details. We will try to help you there.

Best Regards

Kurt Wündsch
Kurt Wündsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93609