Gallery SP Property Overwrite Exhisting Images - Question | JoomShaper

Gallery SP Property Overwrite Exhisting Images

MU

Mirco Uggeri

Extension 3 years ago

Dear Muntasir, probably you did not understand what is the problem. There is a bug inside Gallery code into SP property component. When you load a gallery images for ONE property they will be saved into "gallery" folder. Now, if you load different image for different property but WITH THE SAME NAME, the new image will overwrite the first property image. The result is that different properties has the wrong image. Into your FAQ customization pages THERE ISN'T a solution for this problem. Pls tell me how to solve. Thanks for your ATTENTION. Mirco

6 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #8139

Hello Mirco

Apology for the miscommunication. Yes, the image overrides when you upload with the same name. So, please use a different name for each image.

Best regards

C
ClinicaMicro
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8222

The same thing happens to me, I have solved it by renaming the files to a pharmacy that does not exceed 8 characters 001XXX00 where 001 is the id of the farm XXX initials of the stay and 00 the number of the photo. This is one of the many failures reported to the component that has not received any update for more than a year ...

MU
Mirco Uggeri
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8257

Gallery of SP Property component has several problems:

• images can't have the same name (think to an Agent that load photos form his phone)
  • it doesn't have control of the order of the images
  • it doesn't have the possibility to re-order the images

I was excited about this component but using it I realized that it is not as complete as I hoped And finally the support is quite poor

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #8266

Thanks for your feedback. I will share with the developer team.

C
ClinicaMicro
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8587

Micro, I completely agree with you, I started using it, I put it on a couple of clients, and really, I'm thinking of looking for another component, because in almost 2 years that I reported those same problems, it has been ignored, They are only working on compatibility with joomla 4 and new templates.

Django
Django
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #17146

Hello. I agree with you both, that there are a lot of bugs and missing functions on this component, and I signaled them several times also, a few months ago. But absolutely no reaction from the developpers.... And as SPProperty is already working on my client site, with about 40 properties, I can't replace the component anymore.