uploading webp image to article blog featured image - Forum | JoomShaper
Solved Helix Framework

uploading webp image to article blog featured image

Asked by udi 3 years ago Last activity 1 year ago

Hello,
I want to upload a webp to a blog post as featured image so it can be displayed in SPPB articles addon.

Article -> Blog options tab -> Featured image -> upload
If I select a webp file, it looks like somthing is loading but no image apears

I can upload webp image to content -> media and also in SPPB. Just not as article featured image...

Thank you

Accepted answer

Marked as the solution
Ofi Khan Staff

Hello udi

Sorry, Helix Ultimate does not support webP image yet.

Best regards

8 more replies

Mike Underwood

Do you have a time table for when you plan on supporting webp images?

Ofi Khan Staff

Sorry, it is not planned yet.

Mo Ahmed

I am using Maxora and I am having the issue of uploading webps as the featured image. It seems to only accept png/jpg.

Where can I change this setting?

Ofi Khan Staff

Hello Mo Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to our technical support forum. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing.

We have added webP support for Helix Ultimate. It will be released in the next update. Or you can install this plugin to have this feature now. Download and unzip the plugin and then install it on your Helix Ultimate based site. Remember that you must add webP extension in the Media settings and use the latest version of the template.

https://prnt.sc/_rsQGlCGvfY8

plg_system_helixultimate_v2.1.2 (1).zip

Best regards

David Forés

Hello,

Do you know when the next release will be published?

Regards,

David

Ofi Khan Staff

Hello David,

I do not have any estimated date. It might be delayed. You can use install the above plugin and use webP image on Helix Ultimate.

Best regards

David Forés

Hello,

With the next release of Helix Ultimate, what will happen to this plugin? will the new release overwrite it? or will I have to delete it manually before installing the new version of Helix Ultimate?

Thank you.

Regards,

David

Ofi Khan Staff

Update will just override it. The next will include this fix and other feature updates. You do not have to do anything manually after the update. Either you can wait for the update. Or use the fixed plugin now. This is up to you.

Mo Ahmed

It didn't work for me - even with the media settings updated.

Ofi Khan Staff

Please post a new question regarding your issue. We will check your site and help you.

Log in to reply.