SP Page Builder 4 Editor is A Mess, Want The Old One Back! - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 4 Editor is A Mess, Want The Old One Back!

DR

Davide Reitano

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I'm using SP Page builder since years, i LOVED the editor on the 3.x version. Now, i upgraded to Joomla 4 and PB 4.x I am forced to use this frontend editor that is bringing me thinking to get rid of Page Builder forever. drag and drop no longer works, creating rows/colums/addons takes years, but the worst thing is...

How in the world if i set a section/addon/anything to be hidden on desktop, i can't see in in an EDITOR? How am i supposed to EDIT a page if the thing disappears?

IMHO, as a user, this new updated is causing only a lot of stress and changes instead of improving the UX.

When we can expect the BACKEND editor back?

26 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101294

Hello

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your point. We actually created SP Page Builder with the vision of making it the most professional page-building tool available in Joomla for website creators. And, with each upgrade over the years, we have tried our best to push it forward in terms of capability and innovation. However, we understand that many of you are dissatisfied with the decision to remove the backend editor from SP Page Builder 4.0. That’s why we have decided to give regular updates to the 3.x series as we have been for at least the next three years.

-Regards.

Samuel Desloges
Samuel Desloges
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101302

Hello,

There were things that could be done in the backend, but which are impossible to do in the frontend.

I also hope for a return of the backend. It was nice to have both possibilities (back and front). It was a win-win situation for everyone!

Each view had its advantages and disadvantages, I switched regularly depending on what I wanted to do.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101318

Thanks for your opinion. I will inform about it with our team. You can now close this post by accepting the answer.

Thanks.

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101338

I agree - I will never use SP Page Builder 4. If you stop updating it I will have to look for another Page Builder. You guys really need to stop trying to fix things that are not broken!

szymas
szymas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101344

Agreed!

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101505

Hello. I am new to SP Page Builder and am heavily learning ONLY THROUGH the front end editor for Joomla 3 and PHP7. I am very worried that when I move to Joomla 4 by May 2023 at the latest I will be left feeling unable to create what I can in Joomla 3 with SP Page Builder.

Is the Joomla 4 front end editor not as flexible and good as the current one I am using for Joomla 3?

I seem to be picking up that users of SP Page Builder are not liking what Joomla 4 SP Page Builder front end editor is like.

Can I please get some reassurances or comments that it isn't as good before I invest more and create more SP Page Builder content?

Thank you to all who read this - happy for honest replies even if it might be bad news

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101620

Hi Bob

I understand that some of our users are not liking SPPB4 because of removing the backend. But please don't worry I think the stable version will be released very soon. Already so many bugs are now fixed. Also, to speed up the development process as well where every change is visual and instant. You can explore more on our frontend editor, but I will share your concerns with my Team, in the future :)

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-4/front-end-editor

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101680

I have been upgrading websites to Joomla 4 and SP Page Builder Pro does not work with the front end editor - but the back end is fine. I do not use SP Page builder 4 because I think it's worthless - but they say Pro will be supported for at least 3 more years. Hopefully by then they have all of the bugs out of 4.

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101870

Thanks for the replies and the opinions. I am still a little confused sorry. We are using Joomla 3 and I think SPPB 3 for this. We like the front-end editor as our team are more visual. They haven't really used the backend editor much as we are moving over from Nicepage which is like the SPPB front end I think.

My understanding is that Joomla 4 needs SPPB4 but this ONLY has a front-end editor which is now not as good or as stable as the front end editor in SPPB3.

AmI right or does SPPB4 have a back end editor also? But the front end editor isn't as good anymore as SPPB3

My colleague who is learning the front end editor in SPP3 with Joomla 3 is worried that when we move to Joomla 4 she won't be able to work like she is now.

Can someone please confirm for me?

Is SPPB4 only a front end editor now? And if so, is it very different to using SPPB3?

Thanks again to everyone reading this

PA
patrick aaron
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102052

sppb4 has no back end, there is no sensible reason to upgrade it. the new version is riddled with bugs that have no fixes and will slow down or entirely stop production requiring back-up ir waiting until a new version is released that hopefully solves some of these bugs. even with no bugs the new version looks better but is not as functional.

DR
Davide Reitano
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102056

it would be awesome if a 3.x version would be released for J4, unfortunately who have 4 like me is stuck with a bugged release

when it will be updated at least for its bugs?

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102091

To be honest, looked into SPPB4 and I think when all bugs are fixed and when there is a stable version it has many new features we can use over SPPB3. Lack of backend is maybe not that great for some users. Maybe the devs can add that in time. For now a stable version we finally can use for live sites has priority.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #102194

Yes I agree. Thanks Robert.

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102258

Thank you

Below I have copied Davide's comment and want to know

Can you use version 3.x with Joomla 4 now?

Davide Reitano 2 days ago

it would be awesome if a 3.x version would be released for J4, unfortunately who have 4 like me is stuck with a bugged release

when it will be updated at least for its bugs?

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102261

@Bob, Have build most of my sites with J4 and SPPB3. Works great and all running on minimal php8 or higher.

@Mehtaz, On social Joomshaper admins say it's stable and on this forum/messages I get warning to not use SPPB4 for live sites yet. This is quit confusing.

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102263
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #102373
B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102394

Yes, you can use SPPB 3 in Joomla 4. It works fine.

DR
Davide Reitano
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102972

do you know how to get PERMANENTLY rid of this page every time i enter SPPB even if i check "don't show next time"?

screenshot

szymas
szymas
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103967

Here, Here!!

A
ACS
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104558

Hi Guys,

I have just upgraded to SPPB 4 and agree with most opinions...it's totally useless with out the back end editor. Editting anything is a pain...you can't even highlight text or content and copy or move. It's just wasting my time learning something that is inefficient. :( Just put back the backend for those that have the skill to use it and the frontend for those who like to use that. I am going back to SPPB 3 and if the backend is not added to Version 4 then I too will dump and not use it. As mentioned, if it isn't broke don't fix it !!!

thanks Wayne

K
kratzsch
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105041

Hi @all,

I completely agree! I created my page with SPPB3 and worked fine. Now I upgraded to SPPB4 and regret to have done so and also payed money for it. I'm not able anymore to make changes to my existing components. I wanted to add a simple link to get Google reviews. Without the former backend editor my page is completely useless as I can't make any updates anymore.

I think it's better to create my page with Angular by my own and don't prolonge my account anymore.

Cheers Steffen

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105043

I read often 'I want the old one back'. In my opinion PB3 is still around with 3 years of support. PB 4 is complety new with also a lot of new features. They also annouched backend editing will return, they fix bugs and are busy to improve with every update.

I can't imagin JS stop support for PB3 until they have a version that works for everybody. No one will benefit from that, not the team, not the users.

Doing a big update on a public live site is never a good idea. Use the backup to test first. Everyone knows they are still working on SP4. Knowing this best is to stick with public sites at your current PB3 version.

Using PB4, use a fresh install on a local machine or on a sub domain. When you run into a bug report it so they can solve it. Doing this the sooner there will be a version we can use to the max.

Kind regards,

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #105197

Thanks for your opinions. We will take care of it.

RM
Renzo Carlucci mediaGEO
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108574

The problem is not "to like or not to like" this change. I have got my home page changed and now I need to come back. It is not a problems of opinions. This is a damage!

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #108598

Our team is working on solving these issues. Hopefully on our next release these problems will be solved.