DT Register - Registration Page Broken When Using Helix 3 - Question | JoomShaper

DT Register - Registration Page Broken When Using Helix 3

B

bryan

Template 1 year ago

When using Helix 3 template, we just updated to the latest version and now our primary events registration component (DT Register) does not work properly.

Here is the registration page with broken form: https://arcticbirddog.org/component/dtregister/novice-class-2022-pointingtest-138/register

It shows an error on the page that is not there when using any different template:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Constructor') at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (dtform.js:659:18) at u (jquery.min.js?dc5a6c546fce13fe9aeca46c832ad44e:2:27579) at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js?dc5a6c546fce13fe9aeca46c832ad44e:2:28337) at Function.ready (jquery.min.js?dc5a6c546fce13fe9aeca46c832ad44e:2:30124) at HTMLDocument._ (jquery.min.js?dc5a6c546fce13fe9aeca46c832ad44e:2:27307)

... and here is another forum post that looks to be the same problem that you have have helped them fix ( https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/15643 ). Can you please tell me what the fix for that other post was, as it may be the same fix for me?

11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107177

So ping-pong game began ;/

As I said before - the only hope I see is to install old Helix3 v2.5.8 and keep it for next several months, maybe even until September.

Download from: https://ufile.io/mfogxufu

First make full website backup. Then install template and recheck. That's all I can help, according to our support policy. Helix3 is free but old template, no premium support.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106945

I have included login credential information in this post.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107147

Any luck looking into this?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107166

Hi Bryan,

is it OK or not? Look below

info_559_2023.jpg

In Error console I see now only small problems from that component and old bootstrap used by Joomla 3.x

info_560_2023.jpg

tooltip - is nothing imporant, they just a info tips for form fields. You have labels already, so people are not so dummy I hope.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107169

no, the same issue is there. You can easily see the problem by changing the template to a standard one (like protostar). Here is what the form looks like with the Helix3 template (wrong):

... and here is what the form looks like when using protostar template (correct):

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107170

Oh, so you mean design , not code.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107171

It can be caused by bootstrap version, Helix3 in new version uses BT 5.1.3 and registration form/component may use still old BT 3.3 - please ask dtregister developer about details.

And this huge difference between BT may cause design problems.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107173

I mean code as well, because the form does not work at all when using the Helix template. The buttons do not function at all. Unfortunately, the DT Register developers have refused to do anything because it works flawlessly with the protostar template, meaning the problem is directly related to the Helix template. Please let me know if there is any possible workaround, as this is extremely important and we are unable to take any registrations in the system right now because of this.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107176

Where can I get the download for that old version 2.5.8? Please provide a link.

B
bryan
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107179

Thank you very much for the temporary workaround, as that did indeed resolve it for now.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107180

Uff...

Keep the hope that by September they will release a new version, compatible with Joomla 4 and current standards etc.